4

"Don't just stay here like you have no friend, Earth. Enjoy your lunch break with your friends instead of eating alone on the rooftop," Kao said to him one day.

Earth frowned his eyebrows, likely to protest, "I like the peacefulness the sky gives me, Phi. The wind is so great too in the scorching heat of summer," he replied.

Kao chuckled, "I have no choice but to accompany you then," he said, smiling at the shocked face of his junior. He laughed, "Don't argue with me because I prefer looking at your cute face than my boring classmate anyway," he added.

Remembering that brought a blush to Earth's cheeks all over again, same as that day.

"Aish," Earth groaned softly when his fingers brushed against the hot part of the espresso coffee machine.

"What happened, Earth?" Boun asked, standing behind him and looking worried for the smaller and younger man.

Earth smiled apologetically at his senior, "It's okay, Phi Boun, I was absentminded tonight."

Boun shakes his head and chuckles, "There, you better take the order. I will be the one making the drinks. I'm worried you will get into another accident like the first time," he teased the younger.

Earth glared at Boun but didn't say anything else. He heads to the cashier and gives out a smile at the new customers. After ringing the order, he gave them to Boun and then looked at the front again to take another order.

"Earth? You work here?"

A girl's voice startled him. Earth tries to look at the face better and recognizes her as Namtan, the girl from Gulf's gang before. His heart suddenly beating faster, remembering that he saw the source of him daydreaming back then. He wants to look around, making sure that maybe, just maybe, Kao would be among the people coming with Namtan, but the girl came alone.

"Earth?" Namtan greeted him again, waving her hands in front of Earth, who was frozen in place.

Earth shook his head to erase the image of Kao there and smiled at the girl, "Yes? Ah, sorry, welcome to Moonbucks. What would you like to order?"

Namtan giggles, "I will take Raspberry Black Currant Frappuccino venti size, please," she said.

Earth nodded, "That will be 140 baht," he took the money Namtan handed to him.

Before Earth could give her change, Namtan suddenly said, "I just got back from the group blind date," she said.

Earth was half-listening to what Namtan said while he gave the slip of order to Boun behind him.

"There are good guys and girls, but unfortunately, it seems like only one of us matches with the other group."

Earth's body froze up; a match is a term that refers to couples made by the blind date. Then, his mind went back to the time he saw the group's blind date, and his mind started to imagine that the one person Namtan referred from the other group was...Kao.

to be continue

Updated on the 18th of March 2021,

junijunipers.