12

Literally the next day, he was shocked to find Kao lining up to buy coffee on his shift time. He shook off his thoughts.

It's not like Kao was here for me. He's just buying a drink like any other customer.

"One chocolate cream frappuccino and one caffe americano, both venti sized, please," Kao ordered when the older one was in front of him.

Earth pulls up a smile, a genuine smile, for Kao, not like his usual business smile. "Those will be 285 baht, sir," he emphasized at the end.

Kao gave him his credit card, and he was smiling all along.

Earth frowned when he saw the older's smile but chose to pay it no mind while making the orders. After he finished, he put both the venti-sized plastic cups in front of Kao. "Here you go."

Kao pushed back one of the cups and took the caffe americano to his lips, "That one is for you," he said to Earth, who was dumbfounded at the older's gesture.

Before Earth could refuse the drink, Kao left the cafe with light steps on his feet, making the younger wonder just what happy news, the older got for him to be that happy so early in the morning.

Earth sipped the drink a little before focusing back on his job at receiving orders from the people that had lined up.

At around 11 in the morning, Earth sauntered towards his usual bus stop. He has a class at 1 pm, so he has time to eat lunch before starting later. He sat down on the bus stop's empty seat, but then a car honked in front of him, making Earth and the people who were also waiting for the bus turned their heads towards the source of the sound.

Earth found Kao sitting behind the driver seat and looking expectantly at him. He hurriedly went to the passenger side because a bus was supposed to stop behind the car already. After he entered and Kao started driving the vehicle, Earth looked at Kao in a dumbfounded expression.

Kao chuckles, "Don't look at me like that. I just happened to be around here when I saw your familiar figure sitting on that bench."

Earth sighed, "You seemed to happen to be around me twice today, Phi," he murmured.

Kao laughed, "Well, I remembered you like chocolate, so I just bought your drink while I'm at it."

"Yeah, thank you for the drink anyway," Earth said nonchalantly. After that, he didn't say anything else and just enjoyed the silence, and not long after, he was lulled to sleep from the silence.

Kao chuckles when he is glancing at the younger one. He parked over the car and was in a dilemma if he wanted to disturb the younger's sleep.

"He must have been tired from working first thing in the morning," Kao mumbled. Then, his hand slowly shaking Earth's arm.

When Earth opened his eyes, Kao greeted him with an apologetic look.

"Let's have lunch first before your class starts," Kao said.

Earth was still trying to awaken himself while blinking his eyes.

Kao's hand went to ruffle Earth's head softly and caressed his cheeks when those hands went down his face. Succeed at making the sleepiness that Earth felt disappeared instantly.

to be continue

Updated on the 31st of March 2021,

junijunipers.