Chapter 1- This is just the beggining bitches

• Dedicated to Stacey Yecats

~a note from the author 

dear readers um thanks for reading my story. just to let you know im sorry if this isnt the best story in the world. but i hope you enjoy it and thanks. :)))))) i hope you enjoy

_____________________________________________________________________________

                           Avery's P.O.V

The room was cold and the floor beneath my feet hurt to touch. Light fog swirled around me about an inch from the floor. I looked out at the rain speckled glass and stared a pair of droplets sliding down slowly. Vaguely, I wondered which one would win; make it to the bottom first. I chose the fastest one on the left, the right one won. I sighed almost expecting the outcome. Oh well maybe next time. I shifted slightly in my crouched position trying to make myself more comfortable in the corner of my closet sized room. Having to live in this igloo with a crazy man and 5 girls that don’t care what happens to you is one thing but having a super small room is another thing. This is the only part of the room maybe the whole house that is warm, even the big beds are so cold. It’s entirely his fault if he paid attention to the bills then maybe we would all be warm.

Almost longingly I glanced at my little closet. It was wooden and almost completely destroyed by wood lice. Some of the wooden louvers were destroyed and I could see the inside. The beige paint was chipping and turning cream in color. I sighed and watched as the air came out thick, white, and smoky it was pretty

“AVERY!” a rough voice bellowed from outside my door

My heart jumped in my throat in fear. Quickly, I touched the closet door in case I needed to make a run for it. What did he want now? Did I do something bad again? Worried thoughts ran through my brain. If he was unhappy with me now I shouldn’t get him any angrier. I stood up and opened the frail door which swung limply on broken and rusted hinges. I winced with every step as my bare feet touched the icy floor.

“Yes, sir?” I croaked softly as I entered the living room. My voice was hoarse with lack of use.

He lay on the battered, brown couch with his legs covered in the only blanket in the house and his arms stretched above his head. With a bottle of booze in one hand. His graying hair was dry, scraggly and frizzled in a messy fluff all around his face. His eyes were hollowed with dark circles around them and his face pinched and gaunt. I looked down at his dirty clothes. I saw his bones clearly through his skin as I looked at his frail body. He was not thin from the lack of food like I was. It was because of the drugs.

“Get ready, someone’s ready to pick you up for your next round!” he said with a sly smirk on his face.

“Please don’t make me do this I can’t take it anymore, give me a rest or a break” I said as tears welled up on my face.

Living here was hard enough, but doing this was hell on earth.

“You want a break? Find a new home cause I don’t want girls like you living here!”

I had no choice, I was 14 still and still a minor leaving ‘him’ my sadly legal guardian would be illegal. A foster home would be much better than this, but he never let me out of the house unless it was business. Yet business was never good, it paid well but for me it wasn’t good.

“Why can’t Hadassah do it? Or Lucy? I’m tired and my legs are sore I was going to the doctors today to get a-“

“DUDE!” Hadassah said bellowing above the banister “I HAVE MY OWN CLIENTS TODAY NO WAY AM I DOING YOURS!”

“Fine then what about Lucy?”

Suddenly Lucy appeared under the sofa ‘He’ was sitting on with a pissed off expression