Chapter 47 : The Musician

** Ochako's POV **

* 4 Years Later *

It's been 4 years since Deku's death. Mom and Dad decided to stay with us instead of going away after Deku's death. They also decided for us to move into a nice safe house close to the woods. Kaya and Baiza would visit often to see how we're doing. Ms. Midoriya let me keep Deku's clothes except for the green hoodie that Eri keeps. She loves that hoodie because it was given to her when Deku found her. Eri always wears it when she goes to sleep while I wear his clothes around the house and they look big on me since I've lost weight.

"Ochako, we all miss Midoriya but we can't spoil Eri's 10th birthday. Remember it's a little surprise birthday party," Mom said, patting my shoulder. "Yeah, okay. Sorry about that." Ms. Midoriya is in the woods with Eri, Kaya, and Baiza having a picnic while Mom, Dad, and I set up the party in the backyard by the pool. "It'll take a few hours to put up the decorations and cook some barbecue meats," Dad called out, flipping some patties. Suddenly, the doorbell rings a couple of times so I go to the front door.

I open the door and see a tall guy standing with a keyboard piano. He has straight long dark brown hair parted down the middle leaving two pieces over his forehead and intense hazel eyes. "Hey, you ordered a musician for a party," he asked, looking at his watch. "Hello, I don't think we made a call for a musician." He looks surprised then rubs the back of his neck in embarrassment. "This is awkward. I got a call to this address and drove 10 miles to come here," he said, showing me proof. I take the paper then Mom walks up from behind me.

"Ochako, what's the hold-up?"

"Well, this musician got a call from us but we didn't make any calls. And he drove 10 miles just to come here."

"We can't just send this handsome young man away for traveling such a long distance. Might as well, let him sing and play for the birthday girl."

"Okay, you can do your job for a few hours. Also, it's a little surprise birthday party. Come inside, Musician."

He nods his head and walks inside with his keyboard piano. We lead him to the backyard and I see him looking around while following us. "You have a nice house," he commented, looking ahead. "Yeah, thanks." We arrived at the backyard and he went to set up the piano while Mom explained everything to Dad. "So, you never told us your name," I said, watching him plug in some wires. "Oh, sorry about that. My name is Inei Hayashi, nice to meet you. Since I'm done with the setup, I'll help you with the pool party." I didn't correct him but I agreed to his help.

* 2 Hours Later *

Hayashi helped a lot with the preparation for Eri's birthday party. For some reason, the decorations look different from what I envisioned to be. "Hayashi is good-looking and hardworking. The decorations look different and he said to use the pool for the party," Mom said, elbowing me. "I'll admit he's good-looking and hardworking but I don't want to be in a relationship." I call Ms. Midoriya and tell her that we're ready. We all hid and after a few minutes passed, we heard the front door open and close. "Surprise," we yelled, seeing Eri with a surprised yet happy look.

"Alright, I would like to sing a special song for the special birthday girl. The song is special to me so I want to sing for the special little girl."

(Breakaway - Kelly Clarkson)
(Cover by Brae Cruz)

"W-wait, w-what?.. H-how?.. H-how do you k-know the s-song?"

Eri starts crying and we don't understand why she's crying. "Eri, why are you crying," I asked, hugging her. I waited for her to answer but she didn't say anything and continued crying. I let go of Eri and walked up to Hayashi then pushed him in anger but he didn't budge. "Who do you think you are to make my daughter cry," I yelled, getting ready to kick him out. "I didn't mean to make her cry... But I'm surprised that you guys haven't caught up yet. I'm Eri's father, Izuku Midoriya." He takes off the wig and contact lenses then wipe his face with a make-up remover wipe as we all stood there in shock.