Chapter 6 - Spoken Desires

Start from the beginning

"I did. I felt them all night, but I didn't mind. I've missed out for months, you know." Draco said as his handsome face twisted into a frown. Harriet ignored his comment, too preoccupied with the pain from the baby's kick and that worried Draco.

"Are you alright? Should I call the healer in?" He asked Harriet urgently.

"No, I'm fine." Harriet said as she let out the breath she had been holding, "That happens sometimes."

"What else happens?" Draco asked.

Harriet blinked up at Draco and Draco gazed down at her.

It was almost amusing to the omega. Draco wasn't asking out of stupidity. The look on his face was genuine and full of wondrous curiosity.

He honestly wanted to hear about how the pregnancy had gone, about how and what his darling Harriet felt.

"It doesn't matter." Harriet replied with a pout.

"Of course it does." Draco replied, "It's our baby."

"It's your baby." Harriet stubbornly insisted.

Draco looked at Harriet and raised an eyebrow.

Harriet's obstinate denial no longer bothered him.

The healers estimated they had a little over three months before the child arrived.

Considering how far Draco had come with Harriet in a few days, he calculated that was more than enough time to win his mate's heart.

—————————————————————

As the next couple of weeks passed, Draco's progress towards securing Harriet's affection and trust remained slow, but somewhat steady.

Harriet adjusted well to life at Malfoy manor and with Draco's parents still away on their business trip, he and his beloved had no interruptions during their days together.

Draco continued to oversee Harriet's care, which included daily exams from the healer, proper nutrition, ample fluid intake, and an adequate sleep schedule.

Under Draco's watchful eye, Harriet had made wonderful progress. Draco grinned proudly when the healer had commended his efforts on helping the poorly omega and the child she carried regain their health.

While they tended the pregnancy, spending so much time together left Harriet and Draco plenty of opportunity to talk and chat.

And bond.

Although they did exchange a fair amount of banter, both always enjoyed their conversations.

Draco found happiness in simply being around Harriet. It didn't matter if she was pregnant or not, if they were talking or arguing, Harriet was his mate and all he really wanted to do was just be with her.

Harriet protested Draco's every advance, Draco's every flirtation, but even while she put up a fuss, she never took the obvious steps available to her as a means of repelling him either.

Draco had been very pleased when Harriet invited him to sleep in her nest after that first night. She passed her request off under the guise of wanting him close by in case she had another nightmare, but he knew the silent truth.

Harriet liked cuddling with him.

Each evening as Draco snuggled close to Harriet, his heart leapt hopefully when the omega gladly snuggled back.

They fell into such a familiar routine that one night, when Draco wrapped around Harriet, he noticed she was actually arching her spine towards him.