Scarlet Fever #3

You stirred your coffee as you waited at the Cafe for Wanda to show up. You felt a bit uneasy about leaving Anya alone, but she needed to rest. Besides, you could always just have Lily stop by and check on her later. Assuming she would answer your text.

It was dark outside due to the rain. You decided to not go on patrol for the day to avoid getting soaked.

Just as you let out a yawn, someone approached your table.

Wanda: Sorry for running late.
------------
Gwen landed onto of a building but kept running. She knew this was going to happen. Knew that they were hunting her. That they'd catch up with her.

But she was sick of feeling like a coward. Of hiding in the dark. In shadows where they can pretend that she wasn't like them.

She hid behind a wall to catch her breath. She could hear him getting closer and closer. She pulled something out of her pocket and held it tightly. She looked at the object and gritted her teeth.

She was sick of knowing that the only reason they chased her at all, was because they liked to watch her run.

Gwen: Enough.

She stepped out into the open and clenched her fists.

Gwen: ENOUGH OF THIS!

She watched as the figure slowly lowered to a stop a few yards away.

Gwen: You want to arrest me for what happened to Peter Parker? Fine. I'll go peacefully. But you're going to have to come down here and hear my side first.

The figure laughed. It was cold.

???: Arrest you? Heh. Who said anything about arresting you?

Gwen's eyes widened as she watched the figure fly up. This was no average robber or the Bodega Bandit.

This was Harry Osborn.

The Green Goblin.

------------Wanda: Are you serious?

------------
Wanda: Are you serious?

Y/N: Yes.

Wanda: Is this you flirting?

Y/N: No.

Wanda: And why not?

Y/N: What?

You stared at your classmate confused. She really was odd.

Wanda: I mean, you are asking me for my help. And here we are, at a Cafe, just the two of us.

Y/N: Right, but that's not what I called.....

Wanda: You didn't. I texted you to meet me here. Remember?

Y/N: Right. Sorry. Uh, for now, just forget it. What did you need?