Scarlet Fever #2

It was night time in New York City. You found yourself perched ontop of a building across the street from the hospital where Anya was being kept. You figured you would check in on her to make sure that she was okay.

And that no one else was looking for her.

But no one has even approached her door.

You should be with your friends. Out camping in the woods. But you were here.

J Jonah Jameson was right.

Great power does equal great responsibility.

You shot out a web and swung over to the window that would lead you into her hospital room. You slowly opened the window and crawled in.

You looked at the girl, only to find her staring right back at you.

Y/N: Don't be scared. I just...I just wanted to make sure that you were okay.

You entered the room and walked over towards her bed. She said something, but you couldn't hear her.

You leaned in closer.

Y/N: What was that?

Anya: Usted me salvo.

Usted me salvo? What did that mean?

George: What'd she say?

You froze at the voice and looked at the door to find George and the doctor standing there. The same doctor that was trying to evacuate the patients from the hospital.

You slowly raised your hands.

Y/N: I don't want trouble.

George shook his head.

George: I'm not going to give you any. The whole city knows about what you and Spider-Woman did today.

They did? Well, a huge fight with two spiders and a fire dude would catch attention.

You slowly lowered your hands back down.

Y/N: Well, I'll be off, then.

Doctor: Stay if you like.

Y/N: I just wanted to make sure the girl was alright. If she was safe.

The doctor sighed.

Doctor: Well, she isn't. She's alive, but she an illegal. Captain George here says she'll be sent back across the border.

You looked at George. He sighed.

George: Whoever sent him.....there's no way to protect her over there. I'm an officer of the law. There's nothing I can do.

You looked back to Anya as she slept. She was still a kid. Maybe 16 or so. She couldn't go back. She would be killed by the people looking for her.

George: A vigilante, however, that's a different story.

You turned back to George with wide eyes. Was he implying, that you took care of her? Well, if she was with you, she would be safe. Not only that, but she wouldn't have to go back to Mexico.

But, you were a college student. Sure you had cash, but you......

Y/N: You know what? I think I actually can help. But, I'll have to take her with me tomorrow night.

George crossed his arms.

George: That's fine. I'll try to keep her here until then. Did you have plans?

Y/N: Yeah. Something like that.
------------
You never swung through a forest before, but this was pretty fun.

You were still in your costume, as to not reveal yourself, as you jumped through tree branches on your way to the lake house.