He'll Do It For Bucky

En başından başla

Steve looks over at Peggy. The 107th? She has to be wrong because if she is right...

"The 107th?" Steve asks urgently.

"What?" Peggy asks confused.

Steve was obviously panicked but she didn't know why.

Steve gets up and starts running towards Colonel Phillips tent. He enters the tent and the whole time he is praying that Bucky is okay.

He knows he wished to know what was going on with Bucky but apparently no news is good news.

"Well, if it isn't the Star-Spangled Man With A Plan. What's your plan today?" Phillips asks.

Steve doesn't have time to listen to Phillips mocking him.

"I need the casualty list from Azzano," Steve says.

"You don't get to give me orders, son," Phillips says.

He doesn't have time for this. He needs to know if his best friend is dead. He needs to know if his twin sister is a widow.

"I just need one name, Sergeant James Barnes from the 107th," Steve says.

Phillips looks at Peggy sternly. He's a busy man and because of Carter, he know has to deal with both her and Rogers.

"You and I are gonna have a conversation later that you won't enjoy," Phillips asks.

Steve was beginning to get desperate.

"Please tell me if he's alive, sir. B-A-R,"

Phillips interrupts Steve.

"I can spell," Phillips says bluntly.

Phillips realizes he's being a bit harsh. Surely, Barnes is important to Rogers.

"I've signed more of these condolence letters today than I would care to count. But the name does sound familiar. I'm sorry," Phillips says.

Steve looks at the pile of condolence letters and realizes that one of them will be going to Lizzie. She's going to have to learn from a piece of paper that the love of her life is dead.

He knows that he may not be able to save Lizzie from that fate but maybe he can save other loved ones back in the states from that same fate.

"What about the others? Are you planning a rescue mission?" Steve says.

Steve feels like falling apart right now from grief but he needs to focus on the others right now.

"Yes, it's called winning the war," Phillips says.

Steve is shocked. How can he just leave those men to suffer and die? They can do something about it so why won't he let them.

"But if you know where the are, why not at least."

Phillips interrupts Steve again.

"They're thirty miles behind enemy lines through some of the most heavily fortified territory in Europe. We'd lose more men than we'd save. But I don't expect you to understand that because you're a chorus girl," Phillips says.

Steve understands what's right and he knows it's wrong to leave those men there. If Phillips won't fight for them, Steve will.

"I think I understand just fine sir," Steve says.

Phillips looks very unimpressed with Steve's attitude towards him.

"Well, then understand it somewhere else. If I read the posters correctly, you got somewhere to be in 30 minutes," Phillips says.