FAQs

➼What is the Coffee & Pride | #WrittenWithPride Challenge?The Coffee & Pride contest is a collaboration organized between 26 profiles to celebrate Pride Month and party to the fullest throughout the month with coffee and pride—and of course, to re...

What is the Coffee & Pride | #WrittenWithPride Challenge?
The Coffee & Pride contest is a collaboration organized between 26 profiles to celebrate Pride Month and party to the fullest throughout the month with coffee and pride—and of course, to recognize the best pens with supergood stories.

Does it have to be between 500-5000 words?
The word limit is that and not over. However, this is not a hard limit and we're ready to give a small leeway if we like the entries submitted. But please do your best to still stay within the given limit.

Do I have to make a new book?
It’s up to you! You can submit it in an existing or separate book.

For Short Story and Poetry, does it have to be a single chapter?
For short story: No, as long as the word count is reached, feel free to use as many chapters as you like.
For poetry: Since the length of the poem shouldn't exceed 300 words, please follow the one shot rule.

Can I submit more than one entry, and participate by using more than one prompt?
For the sake of this contest, and to be fair for every writer wanting to participate, one entry per prompt. 

Do I have to follow these prompts? Or can I write my own story?
You must pick a prompt from the list. Please make sure your entry should be written as stated by the prompts and contest guidelines.

Can co-written stories be submitted?  Yes. If you choose to submit a co-written story and have the story on both your profiles, please note that we can only add one of them to the contest.

What languages do I write in?
This year, we have a lot of international profile hosts, which means that you can choose to write in English, Spanish, Dutch, Hindi, Chinese, and Sinhala.

Can I select the prompt for the Spanish profile and write it in English?
Sure, you can write it in any language you want. Our prompts are open to all participating languages!

Can I submit a Mature story? 
Yes! You can, but please make sure your entry follows Wattpad's Content Guidelines prior to posting.

How will my story be judged?
Stories are judged on a variety of things such as spelling, punctuation, grammar, flow of the story and the originality of the story. Poetry will follow the same. For information on our criteria, check out the Contest Guidelines chapter.

How do I submit my story for this contest?
Make sure you add the #WrittenWithPride tag before submitting your entry to us, this is mandatory, then fill out the form by clicking on the ContactInBio link available below our profile bio. The header "Coffee & Pride | #WrittenWithPride Submission Form" is the contest form. Let us know if you face any issue.