chapter 20

That night at the Inn, Wei Wuxian had proceeded directly to bed; why did that Fuddy-duddy's words have such a huge impact on his emotions. It wasn't his fault he died; it wasn't like he had a choice. Wei Wuxian rolled around on the bed helplessly with no rest avail.

While Wei Wuxian heard a knock on the door, he did not reply as he didn't want to see anyone and pretended that he was asleep.

"Wei Ying," came the deep but the stock voice of Lan Wanji, who was barred by the door. However, choose to enter the said room without Wei Wuxian's permission and sat next to the man's bedside.

"Wei Ying," said Lan Zhan as he leaned into Wei Wuxian's face, who was posing to be unconscious.

But when no answer came, Lan Wanji sighed and pulled back; when he saw the puffy red eyes, he didn't wish to disturb the poor boy, but a huge weight had been put on his shoulders, and he needed to apologise to the boy.

"Wei Ying, I am sorry, I-" Lan Wanji spoke, but when Wei Wuxian didn't respond, he once again leaned in and placed a small kiss on Wei Wuxian's cheek right under his puffy eye on his red-stained cheeks due to the salty tears. For a second, Lan Wanji thought Wei Wuxian's cheeks fluster redder but ignored the possibility as the man under him was sleeping too peacefully to disturb. Lan Wanji took this time to exit the scene as he closed the door behind him and walked away.

When Wei Wuxian was sure that Lan Zhan was not a 10-meter radius around him, he sat upon his bed, rubbing his cheeks gently. Did Lan Zhan just kis- what- Lan Zhan you fuddy-duddy you can't act like this... I might actually fall for you, you know

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When Jiang cheng woke up the next morning he saw a lovely waitress serveing the four Lans tea as she made her way up to the newly enterd guest, Jiang cheng ignored the empty seat next to the Lan's and made his way towards JinLing who was sitting with Wei Wuxian.

"A-Cheng, mornig" came Jiang Yanli's voice who's hair was out unlike usually when it was put up in a bun.

"morning," came Wei Wuxian's response who smiled at his older sister as did Jiang cheng, although unlike Wei Wuxian's smile his wasn't geuine. He was still digesting Lan xichen's harsh words from yesterday but he knew very well that the man most probably didn't mean it and spoke out of anger and betrayal.

"Young Masters and my lady, may I serve you," asked the waitress as she smiled at the Jiang family.

"Yes please, can we get four lotus root soup and pork ribs as sides please," said Wei wuxian with his bunny smile.

"Of course sire ," said the waitress and headed back to her station to give in her order.

"Aiya did you hear that the hwang siblings will be passing through the streets today" whisered a girl to her friend who shriked in return to the exciting news.

"Of course princess Xia would be in her carriage but her brothers-" said another girl,

"Ngaaa they are so handsome," said the first girls.

"Eavesdropping is forbidden," said Lan wanji as he walked over to Wei Wuxian and the group who were listen to the gossip behind them.

"but Lan Zhan We are not in gusu right now,"whined Wei Wuxian who smiled happily at his Lan Zhan.

"Wei Ying, can we talk," said Lan Wanji as he camly stood in front of the shorter man,

"hmm ok," said said Wei Wuxian as he quitel followed the other man out of the establishment.

" Wei Ying I needed to apologize for my words yesterday-" started Lan Wanji but the thundering of horses hoves stopped him and Wei Wuxian mid way as they looked up in simultaniously to see two men that were very familier to Wei Wuxia but unknown to Lan Wanji which was a good thing until now.

"Wei ying what are you here" said the man on the horse

"Hwang ji Yeop," said Wei Wuxian.