chapter 8

"Dad, Dad, wake up please, it is five already. You will be late for classes," said Lan Shizui had previously been sleeping next to his dad in a warm embrace.

"A-yuan, let's sleep more, let this dad cuddle you more, you smell so nice just like Lan Zhan," mumbled Wei Wuxian, who was still half asleep.

"dad, if you wake up soon, I will make you your spicy rice Congee," blackmailed Lan shizui.

"really! You know how to make it," asked Wei Wuxian as he slowly sat upon his bed, a sweet grin present on his face.

" yes, dad, now you go on get ready. I'll be right back," said Lan Shizui as he gave a small smile and walked out of the bedroom.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Jingyi, wake up. Aren't you a Lan? Why aren't you up at five like the others," asked Jiang cheng as he softly caressed his son, who he thought was asleep?

"I am awake, but I am too lazy to get ready dad," said Lan Jingyi, who smiled at the familiar touch.

"you are nothing like a Lan, "blurted Jiang cheng as he retiringly took back his hand.

" well, because I spent a lot of time in Yumeng-Jiang at the lotus palace with you dad, because you keep saying that I need to know the clan better if I have to decree it one day," said Jingyi as he calmly sat on his bed which was across from Jiang chengs.

"Why not decree the Gusu-clan? Does Lan Xichen not think you are good enough? If so, I will break his legs," said Jiang cheng.

"No, actually, father wanted me to take control of the Gusu-clan, but you argued saying that Lan Shizui, who embodies the Lan Clan Morals more, should do so. You wanted me to take command of Yumeng-Jiang instead," said Jingyi as he yawned.

"and also, dad, at the moment, I think father might still be in love with the little hobbit. What was his name ahh, what was that asshole's name oh yeah Meng Yao as you would call him, so you might have to seduc-" said Jingyi but was cut off when a fan was thrown at him by Jiang cheng.

"don't you dare finish that vulgar sentence, I will not and shall not be your beloved father's rebound, you hear me!" yelled Jiang cheng as he left the establishment for his classes not glancing back at his son who frowned in return.

"Aiyo, dad, you haven't changed much, have you? Don't worry; I make sure that this time father falls for you not because he lost that midget hobbit but because he has always truly loved you.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

" A-ling, so you are telling me that your mother really likes me, right?" asked Jin Zixuan as he sat across from his son and drank the most expensive tea money could buy.

" Well, yes, Jiujiu always said that she loved you, but apparently you couldn't keep your mouth shut at times hence breaking off your engagement; you actually had to bow in front of uncle  Wei before you could ask her hand in marriage again," said jin ling enjoying his tea. Jin zuxian gulped in response. He made a mental note of never insulting Jiang yanli again, or else he might have humiliated himself in front of the Jiang brothers again.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Zewn- Jun, are you really not angry that I am courting your precious Jingyi because the future you and sect leader Jiang would murder me if they found out," said Zizhen as he took a sip of his tea.

"Well, truth to be told, I haven't quite gotten my head around the entire father thing, especially with clan leader Jiang. I mean, I always thought I would be with-"

"Meng-Yao right," said Zizhen without thinking twice.

xichen was shocked. He was about to make an excuse and answer, saying a girl but instead, the boy in red had hit the bullseye. It was moments like these that he strongly envied his younger brother, who wouldn't display his feelings, unlike him, who had his heart on his sleeves, readily displaying his emotions.

"I- how did you know," asked Lan Xichen, a small blush visible on his face.

"I, well Jingyi told me, he can't really hide stuff from me; sorry, we didn't mean to gossip, so please don't punish him," said Zizhen, who was currently cursing at his big mouth.

"I will not. However, I must go to class, I shall see you in the evening, so we can further explore our options or find out your special task," said Lan Xichen as he exited the room.