chapter 6

"No way, you are lying, sect leader, it is the year 263," exclaimed jin ling.

"No, Zewn- jun is not lying, Jin ling I think you triggered a magic array that sent us back here. I read in one of dad's book that one can go back in time if one gives up a living sacrifice. However, they cannot return until the task given by the life force has been done," blurted Shizui.

"We need to know what that special task was, or we will not be able to return," said Zizhen, who was slowly comprehending the situation that had befallen on them.

"Can't we ask your suppose 'dad' more about the task," asked Wei Wuxian, who was still clueless as to the man next to him?

"Well, dad do you know any way to get us back," said shizui looking directly back at his dad, who had turned pale. Lan Zhan had a similar look but for a completely different reason, Wei Ying just who did you marry in the Lan Clan. It isn't delightful, yet I don't know why. Maybe it's because I can't tolerate seeing you for the rest of my life. He thought as he took a sip of his tea.

"Wait, who is your mother then," asked Jiang Yanli, smiling at her nephew of sorts.

"Hmm, Wei Ying is my mother if we look at that way, but then Hanguang-Jun would be my father. But I usually refer to Wei Ying as dad," said Lan Shizui.

Lan Wanji spat out the hot drink in his mouth and coughed aggressively. Lan Qiren had fainted along with Jiang Wanyin, who was gently held in Lan xichen's arm as support.

" Why should I believe you," questioned Lan Wanji, glaring at Shizui, who looked down in discomfort. Wei Wuxian felt guilty and irritated at Lan Zhan for treating their supposed son like this. However, he, too, would like some proof.

"Jingyi, I believe that was your name, right. Why exactly did I adopt you and with Jiang wanyin?" asked Lan xichen, his smile still present on his face.

"Well as for Shizui and me we have our headbands that consist of the Gusu cloud embroidery which represents our direct connection to the founder of the Gusu clan hence proving we are your kids," said lan Jingyi in a matter of fact manner.

"Well, if that isn't enough proof I know dad said that father used to miss his mother a lot when father and uncle Lan Xichen could no longer see her, dad waited outside all night in the snow until dawn when sect leader Lan Xichen came to pick him up," said Lan shizui sadly.

"Is that true Lan Zhan," asked Wei Wuxian sympathetically towards the man next to him who nodded in reply. That was all the confirmation Wei Wuxian needed for him to believe that the kid was truly his because knowing his fuddy-duddy there is no way Lan Zhan would share something of this importance with anyone.

"And who exactly are you two kids," asked Jin Zuxian.

"Well for starters I am Ouyang Zizhen heir to the Baling Ouyang Clan; as for me, none of you should worry about being my future adoptive parents or anything. But yes, out of all the adults at Gusu Clan, I get along with master Wei the most, and I am scared of sect leader Jiang," he said as he delivered a perfect courtesy bow to the people sitting.

" Jiang Cheng, why is everyone so scared of you in the future honestly I told you to control your anger issues aish," said Wei Wuxian who had finally gotten over his shock and was understanding the situation a bit.