01_Soulmates

LAYLA | AGE 7

I was seven when I first met Luke and it wasn't a great situation to find your best friend in. 

He was an omega like me. And we know what happens with people like us. Especially if you're someone like luke, it was even more difficult. 

I watched the bunch of nine-year-old beta kids drag luke by his collar as the other tossed his lunch box into the nearby garbage bin after taking away just the chocolates from it. 

It was a known fact that betas were stronger than an average omega but I don't think they are since Omegas had specialties that they didn't have and could always grow stronger. But luke was the quiet kid and with his scrawny limbs, he was not someone who would fight back.

The rest of the kids in the playground either pretended not to know since they'd get bullied too or were too afraid to react as they were omegas.

But the deviant in me knew that I wasn't going to pretend ignorantly or let the fear in me rule over.

So before they could do any further harm, I quietly ran to the side of the school building where Scar was tied down.

He was an ugly scary looking beast of a dog and the kids never come to this side of the building because of him but he was just a misunderstood creature because I knew how much he craved being scratched and ruffled.

I quickly loosened the guard dog before anyone could see me and led the heavy beast into the main grounds before throwing a twig the other way.

Quietly, I hid behind the large tree watching everything fall into place as the twig falls amongst the boys and Scar pounces on them. I couldn't stop my giggles as I hear them screech and scatter away like houseflies. 

Then I run up to Luke who was hiding behind the bushes, his entire being trembling and tears blurring his eyes but he didn't let them fall. 

The moment our eyes lock I see realization fill them and we've been soulmates ever since then. I mean what better way to make friends right? The orphan and the nerd, just two omegas looking out for each other.

•♧-------------☆◇☆-------------♧•

So, What do you think?

~SN~