29

He looked fondly at the girl he'd watched grow up. Practically his own child.

She'd been so small and damaged the first time they'd met, a smart mouthed little shit all the same. The first words she'd spoken after days of silence was correct an intern on the dosage she'd need. They'd all been shocked that the timid eleven year old had spoked, let alone sounding so proper. Much like Owen, well, now.

And, maybe he shouldn't meddle with his daughters love life. But, he was getting older and was too tired to solely look out for her on missions. Help would be nice. God, he was making her potential boyfriends sound like glorified babysitters.

As for the blackbourne-toma team.

Well, he knew the men would simply be enamoured, eventually. Phil, had a feeling she knew he was trying to set them up, he'd been trying for a while. It's just- he thought of the boys as family, she was his daughter and he knew they'd be good to her. A no-brainer, really.

He wished them luck, he really did.

Phil snapped out of his musings at an unbearably high screech leaving Violet's mouth. "ugh! You aren't even listening" she sighed, "god, some people are so rude!"

He held in a huff of exasperation, so dramatic. "you were telling me about your mission and how you guys would probably work together." he prompted.

"Yes, yes, yes.. So, they were all kind uneasy right, like they didn't know what they wanted. But! I strike again! Owen glanced at me over four times in the space of twenty seconds which is twice as much as usual, he's the ultimate team leader guy which means he sort of influences every one else's decisions, even accidentally. So him doing that would've made the other guys more likely to copy, making them all the more comfy with me. Y'know?" she rushed.

Violet was on a roll, rambling her thoughts into a continuous monologue.

" so, anyways, " she yawned. Grabbing her lipstick from her bag and pausing to apply it." I'm really busy. They've given me an urgent case. Murders. And I have a meeting with one of the heads at some point this week for misconduct. Which, it totally wasn't by the way, how was I supposed to know not to shoot the guy? He shot me first and I have the fuc-dging mark to prove it."

"I can't believe you were written up because you shot someone in self defense, didn't he survive." he pitched in.

"exactly"

Before they knew it, nearly an hour had passed, their food left finished and pushed aside from the table. He knew it was nearly time for her to go, she was busy after all. This knowledge didn't ease the same sting he felt when she started getting ready. The feeling she was going to get hurt and never return. It was their job, and they helped so many, but he couldn't help but worry.

"I'm sure Mr. Blackbourne will be in contact with you about me very soon, Phil." violet half-joked.

"Owen really doesn't know when to keep out, curiosity killed the cat, as they say. Stay safe, little bird."

She promised as she left, neither knowing quite how hard that would be to keep.

A/n: wow me giving u guys an actual chapter.. Who even am I? 🙄

This is me wanting to show a lil more of their relationship. I have some major drama planned next few chapters so don't worry too much abt the lack of action <3