24

Each of the men leaned closer to the phone, huddling around Owen.

After a few rings, they expected the dial tone, only to pause as a tired voice spoke from the other end of the line.

"Owen, whats wrong?"

"Dr Roberts, I wanted to talk about a recent assignment two of my brothers have been on. More specifically their acting lead for that job. Are you free right now?" he answered.

Hearing a sigh reverberate through the phone, the group stopped to listen properly." Mr. Blackbourne take me off of speaker right now." Phil spoke firmly, "whatever has happened is most likely none of your business."

"Phil," Sean spoke from the outside of the group "Violet said we'd have to check with you, she told us too."

"I'm only going to say this once, okay? Assuming Victor or Corey is with you can you make sure we have a secure line?"

The men exchanged looks of surprise at how serious this seemed. Dr Roberts was weirdly free for having such a secretive job.

Victor took out his phone after looking at Corey, typing passwords and scanning the networks they used and securing it online. "and.. Done!"

"if I'm honest boys, this is actually impeccable timing. I've just emailed Vi about her latest job which will need a bigger team. She is essentially the academy's secret weapon. You know the chunk of jobs that are suddenly completed with no credit being taken by anyone? That her. I know she said to have my permission but check with her before opening the files I've just sent over. It's rare that she's seen on camera and most footage gets deleted but Uncle and Ms Rose started a reel of her 'best moments' a while ago for fun. It's pretty stupid and is honestly irresponsible of them to keep footage when she needs to remain unseen and invisible but it's a running joke between some council members. That's pretty much all." he chuckled.

"This might sound dumb but uh- what does she actually do? You skipped over that - obviously insignificant part." gabe snarked.

He grunted at the sharp elbow he received to the ribs, glaring at Nathan.
The redhead shushed him pointedly.

"Well, her specialties lie within less practiced fields. Honestly Violets pretty well-rounded but her missions are mostly based off of her physical skills which you will know if she chooses to show you that footage." he responded wearily.

A throat cleared from the archway. They turned, still on the phone, to see Violet leaning against the frame. Eyebrow arched curiously, stood in an oversized button-up and boxer-style shorts.

"shit, trouble, you fucking scared me. God," Gabriel sighed, "please let me do your hair, I swear I'll give you my fucking first born child just let me have it. It's mine anyways you know?"

"sure, gabe. I really don't mind you know? Just don't be to harsh with it." she laughed.

As soon as she'd made her way closer, he grabbed her hand and pulled her to the closest seat, sitting her in between his knees, back facing him.

Silas and north sat in the other side, more following until they had gathered on the sofas. Phone still in hand, Owen cleared his throat.

"hey phil, did you actually say yes or am I going crazy. I got that uh email you sent about the new assignment but I figured it would take to long to do alone so what team will I be with? Is it lily's?" she guessed.

"right, I was thinking, I trust the boys and if you think you could, we can let them see some footage and work with them on the mission. It will take a couple months and that's with a big team. Henry's team is a third of the size so the more the better. Ultimately, its your call. "

Gabriel noticed her subtle shift as she tensed in front of him, his hands working at the plait in her hair.

"Right, send me the footage and I'll see what I want. Thanks Phil!" the woman affirmed.

"Ms Violet, he's sent us the file, encrypted, so you have the choice." owen informed.

"Ok, bye boys. Love you Violet, stay safe." He chimed, hanging up in a rush.

A/n: this is just a little note you all know my whole schedule is gonna be kinda off for the next few weeks, I'll update the same amount as usual but the timings will probs be a bit different! Thanks <33

Also, can you tell I know absolutely nothing about computers/tech in general?? It's pretty obvious lol