31

One hour.

One hour, thirty eight minutes.

Five thousand eight hundred and eighty seconds had passed since Jessica was taken.

They had an estimated twenty six or so hours before anyone laid a finger on Jessica.

Violet stared at the wall, a concentrated frown on her face as she replayed the similarities between the cases, in her head. Twenty hours was a long time.

To the blackbourne-toma team, she was wasting time. Time they didn't have, not when it came to jess' safety. Twenty-six hours wouldn't be enough, they were sure of it.

They were known for taunting their victims. Jessica Lee didn't match their motives. An unplanned attack, taken on a whim. It just seemed far to coincidental, the likelihood of an academy members close family being attacked on random was around one in seventy-three thousand. So why was she taken? Why her? Unless..

There was no way a leak had found its way to the academy. The academy was secure. Well, maybe not so much.

God, she had to speak to Phil.

Ignoring the betrayed looks she was shot, she sprang from her place on the floor, fleeing from the room with her phone in hand.

Locking herself in the nearest bathroom, she gripped the edge of the counter and dialed Phil's number.

"hello, vio-"

She cut him off abruptly, "its important, sorry, are you alone and in a secure place?"

"what are you talking about, yes" he answered, bewildered.

"one hundred percent?"

"yes, tell me what's wrong? How's the case going, any news?" Phil questioned.

Violet exhaled, "there's a mole. I'm serious, I think someone is getting information, I just don't know how or why."

"violet, come on, I know you wouldn't lie but how would there be a mole in the academy. Its basically impossible!" he reasoned.

"no! Listen, it makes sense. I mean, what is the likelihood of an academy members family being taken by a serial killing couple. It was made to look like a surprise attack. Im guessing she was subdued beforehand, there wasn't signs of a struggle. God why didn't I notice this?," she rambled now, her train of thoughts running."someone knew who she was, right? Just as we were getting close something hit us close to home, right where it hurts. Distracts us long enough for something to happen. But what? No clue, I'm sorry. I don't know if I can tell the guys this, can I even trust them?"

"hey, violet, calm down. I believe you, okay? We'll figure this out, I promise. Tell the blackbourne team, they won't be involved, those boys are good people." he soothed, seeing how worked up she was.

A knock from outside startled her, "violet, you okay?"

She visibly tensed, holding her phone tighter.

"yeah," she called in a strained voice, "give me a second, I think I have an idea."

Kota hesitated from his place outside of the room, "okay, if your sure."

Violet returned to her phone call, "Phil, I've gotta go, stay safe okay. I'm going to tell the guys if you think that's best."

"look after yourself please violet, tell the guys what your thinking and they can help figure this all out and we can talk properly tomorrow. Please try and find Jessica as soon as you can."

"goodbye." she called into the phone before hanging up and sighing into her hand.

Violet crept into the living room, the men's eyes already trained on her.

"I've uh, had some thoughts about what's happened and while I'm not sure, what I've thought is pretty serious. I spoke to Phil, and he agreed eventually and told me to tell you all. I think there's a mole in the academy." she broke her idea to them.

All hell broke loose.

A/n: hello! I haven't actually updated in like a month and I'm sorry that this is an update that kinda needs a part 2? Kind of.. Anyways, thankyou for reading, I really appreciate you all,, I hope you are all safe and well.