12

Gabe watched the situation before him in shock, I mean, its not every day uncle gets ambushed and laughs it off. Then talks like old friends with his so called attacker.

Somewhere between the chaos in his mind, he realised that he was staring at Violet. She had these gorgeous slightly wavy locks which fell just below her shoulders. A mix of browns and blondes sat between the gorgeous red colour. Her hair was his.

No doubt about it, he claimed her hair. So what? Her hair was fucking gorgeous and he did what he had to do.

He was glad that she didn't seem put off by his attitude, Gabe knew how easily he could come off as overbearing.

He watched as the shock began to wear off from the introduction, Luke staring at her in one of his daydream- like states.

The woman had started to rant to uncle,
"please?"
"no, little bird"
"please, uncle, i just need some, i can make it myself but yours is the best"
"no, Phil said no more pie."
"please, uncle"
She drew out her words, pouting for extra affect.

Luke butted in,
"uncle, she can have some apple pie can't she?"
He saw the pointed eyes driven into his skull by luke and joined in,
"please uncle?"

Gabe knew he'd cave quickly, what with the level of blackmail he could get from three people begging for pie. He was quickly proven right when uncle let out a sigh and nodded reluctantly, leaving the kitchen to get some pie from the display case. Fuck yeah.

She seemed to like them, right? She liked Luke. Holy shit what if she didn't actually like him, just Luke. What. The fuck. Oh my god, she probably thinks he's rude. Oh my god. Oh my god.

All of his anxious thoughts dissipated when she sent him a smile and moved towards him slightly. She turned awkwardly for a second, the silence hanging heavily in the air before breathing deeply and starting another conversation.

"when did Uncle get that mural painted?"
Gabe scratched the back of his neck, planning on deflecting the question before Luke cut in,
"Gabe did it a few months ago. You like it?"
"Holy fuck, that's so cool, yeah."
"thanks"

What the fuck she likes his work? Yes bitches, suck on that North!

Uncle walked back into the room, frowning at Violet.
"here's some pie, birdy. Don't think I won't tell Phil about this, you're not supposed to have anything to harsh yet"
"Uncle, I'm fine, see?"

Gabe exchanged a confused glance with Luke. This was the most caring he'd seen uncle to anyone other than his brothers or their family. Almost fatherly, weirdly like a mother hen.

He fussed over the woman for a minute or so before she rolled her eyes and caught his attention,
"Uncle, I'm fine."
She said it slowly, reassuring the man.

Gabe startled again when she turned to face them, saying she'd see them soon. She patted Uncle once on the shoulder before waving to the guys and leaving with her apple pie slice.

Uncle then rushed to his office, saying he had some people to talk to. Stood in a bewildered silence, unlike the pair, Luke shifted slightly, uncomfortable.

As an idea grew in his head, Gabe smirked and rushed out of the steadily swaying door, Luke following closely behind.
"Luke, dude, let's take a look at her car and get Victor or Corey to look into it then boom, her number."
He knew it was overstepping but he didn't care all too much. It was only slightly creepy, right? Besides, they could've asked Uncle to get the same information so realistically they were just putting the effort in.

Luke thought about it, on one hand, major invasion of privacy, on the other hand, more opportunities to know his sugar. Okay, Gabe's plan it was.

They got to the window in time to see her drive away in her bike, only just making out four digits of the license plate, 'B40I'.

Gabe looked at Luke with a jump in his step dragged him to the back, where Uncle would be.

The diner had cleared by now, both groups gone, a tip left on the counter. Gabe looked at the mural on the inside, there were two, the outside one being the oldest, with a hint of newfound pride. She liked it, holy shit.

She liked it. She liked it. She liked it.

Luke noticed his brother looking at the wall, he knew all about his issues struggling with his self asteem, despite coming off as cocky to newer people, he was often loud to mask everything else.

Pausing slightly at the mural, his smirk morphed into more of a grin, widening a little. Gabe banged on Uncle's door, startling the man from the other side of the wall.

"Uncle, who is she?"
"Boys, she's like a niece to me, that's all I'll say"
"But-"
"Gabe"
He sounded firmer now, as though he wasn't meant to tell anyone anything.

"Can we at least have her number"
"please"
"please"
"please"

Laughing under his breath, Ben shook his head, she does need to make some friends,
"fine, just don't tell her it was me. Play nice, boys"

The men thanked uncle after getting her number and texting her saying it was them. Both giving him a hug before leaving through the back.

They sat side by side in Luke's car, courtesy of North, wondering if they'd rub it in the others faces or keep it to themselves for a while now that there was no need to get Victor involved.

A/n- this chapter bored me slightly? It's really more of a filler towards the end. I have a few plans for them and have started to finally set up the building blocks for them all to meet. <3