Chapter 52

I woke up to the sun shining through the small windows in Bucky's room. He didn't have a big room like the rest of us which upset me. His room was pretty tight and he just has a closet and his bed with his tv and stuff.

I start to open my eyes slowly as the sun is hitting me in the face. I open them to see I'm facing Bucky now, I must have stirred in my sleep. His face was inches from mine but he was asleep; peacefully. I hesitated to reach for him but I gave in and started running my hand through his hair. He hummed quietly in response which made me want to laugh.
I started to move my hand but not before he grabbed it and placed it back on his cheek. He turned his face and kissed the palm of my hand before turning back and finally opening his eyes. His smile only grew when he looked back at me.

"Good morning," he says in his groggy morning voice.

"Morning," I whisper back.

"I could get used to this," he says with a smile caressing my cheek.

"What? Having me in your bed?" I ask with a smirk.

"Mhhm."

He kisses me before I pull away and sit up.

"Well too bad for you I need to pee," I say trying to get up carefully before he grabs my waist and pulls me onto the bed laying his chin on my shoulder with his arms wrapped around my waist.

"Mm just a little bit longer," he says into my neck.

"Buck I have to go," I laugh.

"Mmm fine," he says letting go.

I try to get up but he rushes next to me to help me get up.

He walks me to his restroom and then I realized how in the hell I'm supposed to use the restroom.

"You..want me to help?" He asks.

I could just hop but then I would fall.

"Uh-yeah can you?"

"Of course."

It wasn't as awkward as I thought it would be when he helped me by letting me use him as something to hold on to. I almost tripped but then he almost slipped so we just laughed struggling to make it work. He didn't look at me when I used the restroom which I appreciated but he was talking to me while I did it joking about how if we tripped every time he tried helping me that we would both end up with a broken leg. I know it sounds silly not letting him see me but I'm pretty insecure and it's already a big deal for me to let him help me.

He walked me back out onto the bed.

"I'm gonna get dressed and then I'll help you to your room."

"Okay."

He rushes into his closet and I think about just grabbing my crutches and walking away but I would probably fall. Plus they weren't anywhere near me; neither was the wheelchair. I would have to drag myself on the floor to them.

"Do you think they left?!" I shout. Wondering if Tony had left yet. It was around eight if they haven't left they probably are about to.

"I don't know...maybe?!" He shouted back from his closet.

Tony didn't tell me he needed to talk to me in the morning and it seemed important so I don't think I have anything to worry about. Or at least...I thought.