Chapter 71

A/N: I LOVED writing this chapter so I hope you
enjoy it and who else is excited to see Bucky in the new 'What If' show? I know I am 😌
AAAAnywayyyy ENJOY!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~}

After having that talk short talk with Steve I was feeling overwhelmed and confused with what to do. I don't remember clearly what I said since it was yesterday but I think I said something along the lines of 'that's not true and 'he's going to be fine'.

Bucky also never ate dinner with us, he was with Shuri pretty late and I only saw him getting into his room at night but he looked upset so I left him alone.

Maybe Steve was right, could he be pulling a face for me? That would make me feel horrible to know he's hiding how he's really doing for me.

I know I'm probably being selfish in not letting him get through this properly but maybe I can help him?

Oh god, I sound ridiculous.

How the hell am I supposed to help him through everything he's gone through?

Aside from everything I ended up calling Stacey since I hadn't seen her in a while and I invited her to dinner tonight. The team was all supposed to be here tonight since Thor, Clint and Sam seem to be gone very frequently now. So Tony said he'd make dinner and told me to invite Stacey if I wanted.

"Hello?"

"Hey! Stacey!"

"Hey, Jane!"

"Listen I know I keep being MIA and I swear it's not on purpose."

"It's fine Jane," she says with a laugh over the line.

"Well, tonight Tony is making dinner for all of us since the whole team will be here and I was wondering if you wanted to come by."

"Oh my god yeah! I'd love to, I feel like I haven't seen the team in years."

"Alright, well come by at around 7:30?"

"Alright, see you soon."

"Ok bye love you."

"Bye love you too."

I was feeling a little better just knowing Stacey will be here and we're all going to have a nice dinner. Fingers crossed.

**

I ended up working out alone strangely. I wasn't sure where Bucky was probably with Shuri early since we all agreed to have dinner together.

I started wondering why Shuri never stuck around to have dinner or breakfast. She was always here just for Bucky and then she'd be gone.

Which is why Tony invited her to dinner as well and she gratefully excepted.

I finished and went upstairs to shower and get changed for later.

It may be a little hot outside but inside the tower was pretty cold at times so I went with a long knitted sweater and black skinny jeans with dirty white shoes I have. I need to get new shoes because mine are ripped to shit.