Chapter 8

I start to feel overwhelmed and excuse myself and rush off to the front of the building trying to catch my breath.

I make my way outside trying to catch my breath until I hear my name from behind me.

"Hey," I see Steve say as he walks out with the rest of the team.

"You okay little Stark?" Sam asks.

"Yea," I say out of breath.
"I just kinda felt overwhelmed," I say standing up straight smiling at them.

"Good overwhelmed though right?" Nat asks.

"Of course!" I say feeling the excitement rush in me.

They all come closer to congratulate me.

"Congrats J," Steve said hugging me.

"Thank you."

"Congrats little Stark," Sam said grabbing my whole body and shaking me with excitement.

"Thank you ," I said in between laughs.

I make my way around everyone getting hugs and mini speeches. I know it may sound pretty dramatic but everyone knows how hard I've been working these past years trying to prove to Tony that I deserve to be here and now I am.

Everyone that finished giving me hugs until the only person left was Bucky who actually did give me a hug.

"I hope you get to help loads of people like you wanted," he whispered in my ear as we stay hugging.

Thank you," I whisper back hugging him tighter.
"Buck I-

"Hey!" I turn to see Cole come outside with all of us as Bucky let's go.

"Hey!" I say as he comes to give me a big hug.

"Look at you! An Avenger! I'm so proud of you!"

He says loosely holding me before grabbing and hugging me tighter.

"Thank you!" I say and I see Stacey come out from inside. Wow I totally forgot she was here.

"Jane! Oh my god congrats!" She says running up to me as I let go from Cole and go toward her to hug her.

"Well we'll see you later kid, have fun," Steve said as well as everyone else who went inside leaving only Stacey, Cole and I outside.

"How do you feel?" She asks.

"Like I'm dreaming and I'm going to wake up to Tony telling me how crazy I am for considering being an Avenger."

"Oh yea I was gonna ask you...are you not worried?"

"What? Worried about what?"

"Well I know I've told you this before but being an Avenger is pretty dangerous. I just want you to make sure this is what you truly want because it's pretty dangerous once you're out on those missions."

"Of course it is. I've told you this before, I'll be fine."

"Okay well as happy as I am for you I'm not gonna stop worrying about you. Especially now," she says.

"Yea I know," I say as we stay out there talking for a couple more minutes before Tony comes out to call me into the house to take pictures.

After a bunch of pictures I get a message from Cole.

Cole: hey I just want to let you know I headed home

Oh god I hope he wasn't feeling left out, I really had no other choice. I heard another notification before I started typing out my apology.