Chapter 08 - Shambles

Ayanokouji POV

I gulped the water that Shiina gave to me, in an instant fresh and cool sensation filled my mouth down to my throat.

“Aaaah...” I unconsciously let out weird sounds.

I must thanked Shiina for this, even if my body was trained to be much more durable than average human, I still need to keep hydrated, especially in this summer heats.

With the water bottle on my hand, I continued my trip. I checked the device that was attached on my hand. 01:41 pm appeared as soon as I turned on my wristwatch. I guess I could still wander a little bit longer.

Class C base were located on the northern part of the island, based on the surface I could see from map layout, then I guessed class B base location were somewhere around northwest. One spot that already claimed by Class A were inside the cave on the mountainside located on the middle east part of the island, since the mountain was the highest point of this island, it was easy to find them.

As I wandered through the forest, I heard the faint sound of ocean waves. I keep up the pace and finally stood up before a cliff's edge.

“I think I could saw something down there, from the boat's deck..” I spotted several facilities located not far from the cave. I tried to find any way to go down there, but it seems like there wasn't any kind of detour route.

I keep walked along the cliff, I noticed a ladder set up in a blind spot, anyone would missed it if they didn't look closely enough. I used the ladder to climb down to the bottom of the cliff. The ladder was rather slippery, good thing that I left the bottle at the top of the cliff, if I don't get careful enough I might've fall right of the bat.

After getting down I looked at the cliff, I estimated the cliff's height was somewhere between 11 to 12 meter, normal person would have severely injured if they fall from there.

Shortly after I found a small hut, this building seems to be abandoned for a long time, when I entered I could saw dust piled everywhere. Near the entrance I saw a device, proved that this was indeed a spot. There's fishing rod placed on the wall, meaning the benefit of this spot was we would able to catch fish using it without rented the equipment from school.

When I checked on the device, “Class A” was appeared on the monitor. It seemed they had 7 hours and 21 minutes remaining. I tried to remember this spot location inside my head, of course I only noted the approximate position.

I tried to scanned the area, this building was quite well hidden. Not only because the path that lead into this place was hard to pass through, but also the environment made this hut looks blended with surroundings. The hut was covered with moss and vines.

Since there didn't seems to any anything else worth to investigate, I climbed ladder back up the cliff.

I continued my way toward the forest, then eventually reached a higher ground.

I found an interesting building, a tower located at top of the hill not too far from the previous spots. I estimated the height was around ten meters, when I inspected on the wall, I found a device installed on it, I checked the monitor.

“Again?” I muttered as soon I saw Class A appeared on the screen. As expected of the top class I must say, they moved fast. It was still on the second day, but they have at least three spot claimed right now.

I look at the remaining time, it showed 7 hours and 35 minutes remaining. If I came earlier, at least 26 minutes earlier maybe I could figured the one who claim this spot. Well, there's no use crying over the spilt milk.