30 - I'll Catch You

Start from the beginning

"Can we sit on the dock," I ask looking over to the lake.

"Aren't you hungry," Chase says and I turn back to see him holding up two bags of fast food. I smile walking over to the dock using my crutches and Chase follows behind me.

I sit down in front of the water waiting for Chase. He sits down next to me placing the food and drinks in between us.

"I got us burgers, fries and two slushies," Chase explains, taking everything out of the bag. I grab some fries and throw them in my mouth. We begin eating, watching over the sunset in silence until I finally speak.

"I'm not getting the mafia," I confess. Chase looks over at me confused.

"What? Why?" He asks, confused knowing how much I want this.

"Since you're getting yours and we're getting married. I can't have mine or else our mafias will merge," I explain.

Chase dusts his hands off before taking a sip of his drink. "So what?" He asks, turning to face me.

"What do you mean," I ask, confused. He should know mafias aren't allowed to mix.

"So what if they merge? What's the big deal," he asks. 

"Our fathers won't allow it," I point out. He shrugs, eating his last few fries.

"Don't worry about it. You'll get your mafia," he assures. I furrow my eyebrows confused as I look at him.

"But the only way if I get it is if you don't get yours," I mention cleaning my hands off.

"So what? I didn't want mine from the start," Chase chuckles. "I was forced until I actually started w-"

"Wanting it," I cut Chase off. "You want it now and you've worked so hard. I'm not getting in the way of that," I tell him.

"Yeah but you've wanted yours since you were like 3," Chase laughs. "I can't take that away from you since you're forced to marry me," he says softly.

"I'm not forced anymore. Ugh I hate Carmen," I admit. The skin in between Chase's eyebrows wrinkle as he furrows them.

"What does Carmen have to do with anything," he asks.

"She's the one who planned all this. Suggested and convinced my dad to marry you knowing you're taking over your own mafia. That way she can take over ours. She knows I would've gained it so she tricked him," I explain everything, kicking the water with my feet.

"We'll figure it out," Chase says, lifting my head with his index finger under my chin. He moves it so I'm facing him. "Together," he whispers.

"Now," he let's go of my chin and stands up, throwing off his shirt. I turn my head as he begins to take off his pants and hear him chuckle. "You can look. I don't mind," he laughs.

I turn back to Chase looking him straight in the face making sure my eyes don't drop. He smirks before diving into the water, splashing me.

"Chase!" I let out a scream feeling the cold water splash my face. I look back over to the water just in time to see Chase come up for air. He treads the water with his feet while he pushes his hair back.

"Come on. Get in, the water feels amazing," he swirls around in the water as I bring my knees to my chest.

"Pass. It's cold," I point out.

"I'll warm you up. Just come in," he pleads. I shake my head right and he splashes me with more cold water. "Either enjoy the soaking wet clothes or take them off and come in," he says.

I stare at him as he floats on his back in the water. A bra and underwear is just like a swimsuit right? Same areas shown, I've gone swimming with Chase before. I begin kicking off my shoes and socks.

"What if I'm not wearing any panties!" I yell. Chase sinks before splashing around coming up for air as I laugh giving away my joke.

"No teasing! You're still drunk," he scolds. I laugh standing up on one foot about to take my clothes off. 

"Turn around perv!" I shout.

"Why? I'm your fiancé!" Chase shouts back as he floats on his back again. I roll my eyes and take off my shirt in front of him. His eyes roam my body as I begin taking off my pants. It's harder than you think with a busted ankle. "Now jump!" Chase yells as I throw my clothes to the side.

"My ankle!" I point at it. It is still a little swollen.

"I'll catch you," he assures me.

"I've heard that one before," I roll my eyes. That's what dislocated my ankle in the first place.

"I'm serious this time. Just jump straight," he directs, swishing around in the water.

"And what if I dislocated my shoulder or knee," I ask.

"Then I'll kiss it better! Just trust me babe. I'll catch you," he reassures. I take a deep breath before doing a one legged hop/jump into the water.

Chase fortunately catches me this time holding me by my waist. I wrap my legs around his waist and my hands lock at the back of his neck. Chase continues treading, keeping both of us from sinking.

I spoke too soon. Chase catches me off guard and dunks us both underwater, getting me completely soaked from head to toe. I hold my breath until he comes back up and gasps for air.

"Asshole!" I scold, coughing a little. Chase soothingly pats my back lightly until I stop. I turn back to him, looking him in the eye. He pushes my hair back away from my face before kissing me. I kiss him back with tongue, taking him by surprise.

"Slow your role, princess. You're still drunk," he says, pulling away. He leans his forehead against mine, continuing to hold up the both of us. But I want him closer.

"I want you closer," I blurt out in a whisper. I mentally facepalm. I didn't mean to say that outloud.

"You're drunk." He stares at me with those mesmerizing hazel eyes.

"So doesn't mean I can't kiss my fiancé," I say, pressing my lips to his. I feel him smile against my lips before kissing back. His lips move down to my jawline and neck until...

I'm pushed off him and into the water. I splash around trying to tread at the sudden sabotage. "Chase!" I shout as he bursts out into laughter with me.

"You can get closer when you're sober. Come on, we have to get back," he reminds me. He's right, I have school tomorrow.

Author's Note☜︎
Anyone else love their relationship, 'cause I do.

Also if you have not read Pretty, Precarious and Prohibited on my account, what're you doing. Unless your only into action and mafia books don't feel obligated to read it.

Have a good day/night everyone!