𝟎𝟖: 𝐂𝐡𝐞𝐜𝐤𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐢𝐧 𝐂𝐚𝐫𝐝𝐬

Start from the beginning

"Hm..." Dazai pondered, "Can you make Strawberry banana pancakes today?!" His eyes lit up in excitement.

Your eyes also lit up, grabbing all of the ingredients in a flash, "That sounds good! We've never tried it!"

"Mhm!"

Today, the pancakes were awesome.

But after you both finished them, you realized the time, and parted ways to get ready for work. It wasn't an unusual occurrence for you to be late, but Kunikida would definitely scold you every time, naturally. And Dazai would just barge in with a stupid grin, making the situation worse.

You put your outfit on with your powers, moving at the speed of light, internally laughing at Dazai for not being as fast. You were gonna get there before him, "Haha. I'm done!"

Just as you walked out of your door, and locked it, out came Dazai. He was wearing his normal shit-eating grin, shivering slightly when he saw you glare him down.

"Your shirt is unbuttoned in the middle," You pointed out, now wearing a shit-eating grin.

His smile dropped, and Dazai pouted as you 'won the competition.'

"Well let's get going! Today is Atsushi's first mission, right?" Your joyous tone made Dazai just as joyous.

"Yeah, I'm sure he'll do great."

"You sound like a dad doing to his sons first soccer game," You laughed while nudging the brown haired males shoulder.

He chucked before sending a genuine smile your way, which caught you off guard. "Thanks for the pancakes Y/n-chan."

Dazai was thankful you were always there to keep him in check, but what would happen if you weren't there anymore?

He definitely didn't want to think of that.

Flashback end.

"And to think that only happened a few hours prior," You sweatdropped, looking at Atsushi's kicked out body.

Today you got to meet Akutagawa and a pretty woman, but at the expense of Tanizaki, Naomi and Atsushi.

Kunikida was right beside you, reading his book upside down. You pretended not to notice, as you choose to calmly wait for the weretiger to stir awake.

Just as you blinked, Atsushi gasped awake. "Where... am I?"

"Finally you're awake." Your voice was the first thing he heard, and Atsushi fearfully looked towards both you and Kunikida.

"Y/n-san... Kunikida-san...?"

Kunikida looked towards you for a second before sighing, "Damn, I can't believe you pulled this during such a busy time. When Y/n-chan told me what happened, I couldn't believe it until I saw you."

You woefully stared at the scared Atsushi, he must be scared and shocked because of what happened. You couldn't help but feel bad for him, he probably wasn't expecting anything like this to happen.

"Where are Tanizaki-san and Naomi-san?!"

You pat his shoulder with a smile, calming him down. "Don't worry, they're both alive and safe."

Atsushi looked in between you and Kunikida, "Are you sure?... that's a relief."

You sat back down as Kunikida looked towards the boy, "Dr. Yosano is treating Tanizaki right now next door."