Chapter 9

There wasn't much convincing on whether you would return. Barry was surprised when he saw you though. Cisco's comment was they'd drawn straws to choose who would give the inspirational speech. Apparently Harry drew the short one, to their dread.

"But look, it all worked out. Good job Harry." 

It's funny because you know they expected to probably find Harry returning with a black eye or some type of injury. He wasn't the best motivational speaker.

You and Harry share a small smile, and just like that it feels like business as usual. Barry and Cisco go on about a few upgrades they've been making since your absence, and Harry is about to follow but you stop him.

"Harry, wait." your hand brushes his arm and he turns. 

"C-Could you maybe keep all that stuff I said back at the apartment between us. It's not that I don't trust them or anything-"

"I understand. I won't say a word." His immediate agreement is not what you predict.

"T-Thank you." He gives a curt nod. His eyes settled on you, and now, there's something different. Between you and Harry, it's always been kind of crazy. You detested him because of the pain that face has caused, but now, it brings a totally new feeling. 

Your hand drops to your side. He moves closer. "Is there something else?" His whisper has a shiver running up your spine. "I-I n-no that's it." you stutter with a forced laugh. Harry smiles softly, but doesn't move away, instead he pushes a lock of hair behind your ear, fingertips brushing your skin.

"Be careful in training today." 

Nothing else is said, he just continues his journey after Barry and Cisco. You're left there, cheeks painted red.

He knew exactly what he was doing.

~~~~~

A day of successful practice and you gripping the duffle bag in your hand on your way to leave STAR Labs. Heading for the elevator, you spot Caitlin and Iris. She holds the door, and you step in. "Thank you." Caitlin nods. 

"You're making good progress. Barry says you've only exploded one of Cisco's new panels. Sounds like a step up." you giggle.

"Yeah, I think even with the adjusted wavelength I still have little control on this part. Wish it was as easy as parkoring over buildings. "

"You'll be fine. I think out of all of us you've had it the hardest. Even back then Barry had us. How were you going out there on your own?" The door opens and you all step out. "I'm not really sure honestly. I kept telling myself that this was a gift you know. Out of all the people who could have gotten these powers, why me? It's selfish when you can do what I can and then you just...don't do anything."

"You're pretty brave (Y/N)." Caitlin's words make your cheeks flush. You really did like getting praised sometimes.

"We've also noticed you've been getting along pretty well with Harry." Iris's insinuation just adds more color to your face. "I-I mean yeah we kinda have to, won't do much if we're always at each other's throats you know."

"I don't know. Harry's been pretty hard on you, kind of makes you wonder. "

"Wonder what?" Now you're interested.

"Well when he cares about people he doesn't always show it in the ways that normal people do." Caitlin points out. "I'm sure you notice how much he bickers with Cisco." Iris adds.

"It's hard not to." Both women smile. "He does the same with you, little suspicious don't you think."

"H-He's that way with everyone. I-It doesn't mean anything."

"I don't know (Y/N)." You needed to leave before you turned as red as a cherry.

"I-I just remembered I-I left my stove on at home so I'll go see about that!" you were pacing through the door before they could say anymore. Caitlin just chuckles. "

She's adorable. You think they'll ever own up." Iris shakes her head laughing. 

"Right now they're both in denial. Guess we're gonna have to wait it out. "

Neither of you would outright admit it, but they weren't blind. Anyone could tell.