[P2] Chapter 57 : Happiness

Start from the beginning

"Tae," Jimin whispered, who was sitting beside him, as the younger one turned to his left in response, "You okay?" He asked softly.

"Of course, I am," Taehyung smiled, somehow grateful for the sudden question.

"You're too quiet, that's why I asked- Never mind," he dismissed, as Taehyung shrugged before turning around to listen to the others.

Jeongguk, who heard this small conversation, couldn't help but feel a small tug in his heart, to see Taehyung smile like that at Jimin. He wouldn't really say that he was jealous, he would never, when he knew how close friends Jimin and Taehyung were. He was hurt instead. He was hurt that he wasn't there, like before. Something was changing between them, and he could see it clearly.

Moreover, Jimin seemed to know something that Jeongguk doesn't.

Or was he just selfish for feeling those things?

"Jeongguk?" Namjoon called, bringing himself out of his thoughts.

"Yes?"

"I called you thrice, are you here?" He asked, frowning.

"No, no. I'm fine, I'm okay. Just zoned out for a while, nothing big," he said immediately, as the leader nodded, before paying attention to the staff once again.

Jeongguk felt a bit guilty and blamed himself for letting his thoughts take over him once again, when they were discussing in a damn meeting. Not just a casual one at that, they were talking about the upcoming world tour, which they were planning to do for a while. He facepalmed himself mentally, before taking a deep breath, and starting to pay attention.

He met Taehyung's eyes in that swift moment, only to see worry in it. They both stared at each other for a few seconds, before the younger one broke out into a smile, reassuring him that everything was fine. Taehyung didn't seem too convinced, but nevertheless, he nodded back, before going back to work again.

--------------

"Jiminie hyung," Jeongguk called him, a few minutes after the meeting ended, meaning it was post noon. Jimin looked back at the younger one, as he slowed his walking to go with Jeongguk.

"You didn't eat, right? Let's eat together," Jimin said, looking at his phone, checking the time, "It's been a while since we had a meal together."

"Sure," Jeongguk nodded, "But where is Taehyungie hyung?"

"Ah, he went to his home," he answered, surprising Jeongguk.

"That soon? The meeting literally ended... like, fifteen minutes ago?" He questioned, surprised, making Jimin snicker a bit.

"Yeah, he went home with Hobi hyung, since their houses are near each other. I guess Hobi hyung gave him a ride," Jimin said, leaving out the part where he had to see the doctor in an hour or two, for another appointment.

"I see," Jeongguk mumbled, as both of them entered the cafeteria, "But he didn't even say anything to me- Oh wait, he might've sent a message," he muttered, taking out his phone.

Jimin smiled at that, as the younger one sat at one of the tables.

"What do you want? I'll go get the order."

"Uh, black bean noodles? Anything," Jeongguk simply shrugged, looking into his phone eagerly. Jimin shook his head at that, before going towards the counter.

By the time Jimin came with the food, Jeongguk almost squealed, who apparently had been staring at his phone for the past few minutes. Jimin was startled at that, as he kept the food on the table carefully.