Chapter 38 : Rainbows

February 22, 2018.

"AHHHHHHHHHHHH!"

Taehyung froze in Jeongguk's arms, and Jeongguk wasn't any better, hearing Jimin's voice. Taehyung's eyes snapped open suddenly, as he jumped off his boyfriend, as Jeongguk saw behind him with wide eyes. The elder turned back at that, and to say that his widened in surprise would be an understatement. He was... caught off guard too much. 

All the other five were standing there, looking right back at them, equally in shock. Taehyung blinked softly, before looking around, only to find a... cake? And the side walls of the terrace were filled with colored lights, which were switched off. Some confetti were lying around, and Taehyung spotted the whole bag of confetti in the side.

Are they celebrating something?

Hoseok noticed where Taehyung's eyes were travelling, and the next moment, he went there before the cake lying in the table there, hiding it from the two youngest members. 

"W-What are you doing here?" He managed to asked, looking at all of his hyungs one by one and Jeongguk was still petrified to even say anything. 

"We're supposed to ask that question!" Jin exclaimed suddenly, placing the tape and scissors he was having in his hand, on the table, as he moved forward.

"What do you mean by that? I sent a message in the chat that I'll be with Jeongguk!" Taehyung retorted back, confused as to what was even happening.

"I know that, but why did you have to come here?" The elder asked, sighing right after.

"H-Hey, I was the one who wanted to bring him here," Jeongguk finally spoke for the first time, that night, "You all weren't there, and I wanted to take Tae somewhere and I thought it would be nice to spend time here, in the rooftop."

"Oh," Namjoon muttered, hiding something behind him, his arms behind his body.

"Oh, come on!" Taehyung exclaimed, looking at the leader, "No one sent anything in the messages, and no one let us know what you were doing, and now, you all are hiding something behind you! And I think I saw a cake here... today's not even anyone's birthday, as far as I know. Hobi hyung's birthday just passed..."

"Nothing, we're doing nothing," Jimin said immediately, "We're just... hanging out."

"With confetti and lights... and, oh! Should I mention the cake again?" Taehyung asked, raising one of his eyebrows, as Jimin bit his lips slightly, not knowing what to tell.

"Should we just tell them?" Namjoon asked, keeping the box of chocolates he was hiding on the table in front of them.

Jimin gasped.

"No way! It's supposed to be a surpr-... secret!" He exclaimed, getting the chocolate box and hiding it behind with something he was already hiding. 

"Hyung," Jeongguk laughed, because it was funny how they were trying to keep them in dark when both of them were literally witnessing everything, right in front of their eyes. 

Yoongi sighed.

"We were trying to throw you guys a party," he confessed.

"Yoongi hyung, you are so dead!"

.

.

.

Taehyung and Jeongguk were genuinely confused.

They were seated in a bench, which apparently Yoongi and Jin took it together and placed it there with the permission of the hotel, with all the others standing in front of them.