Chapter 19 : New Year

...and more fluff :))

Also, a longer chapter, enjoy ♡♡

December 31, 2017.

Jeongguk stopped waving his hand, when Taehyung cut the call. Letting out a deep sigh, feeling even more sad---since he missed him more, he tossed the phone somewhere on the bet softly.

If Taehyung thought that Jeongguk knew what he was doing, if he thought that the younger was confident about whatever relationship they were having after they confessed---when he was wrong. He was definitely wrong.

Jeongguk liked Taehyung, so much. That was not doubtable, but there was this small fear in him, for being different.

That small fear kept on remembering him that he was unusual.

But he had accepted it.

He had accepted the fact that he no more found the opposite sex attractive, that he liked men. But the society wouldn't.

Every time he spent time with Taehyung, every time he talked to him, every time he laughed with him, he was in cloud nine. Just those simple actions with him made him euphoric---a feeling he was starting to get afraid of.

He became so much hyped and so much excited whenever it came to Taehyung and that honestly scared him.

But every night, when he used to lay on his bed, after the day---at the end, when he used to just think about various things, he felt as if he was pulled back into reality.

Knowing that the whole world never accepted homosexuality.

"I just want to sleep," he muttered to himself, before moving down, laying fully. He adjusted his bed and blankets, making himself comfortable---slowly falling into a slumber.

In hopes of dreaming about Taehyung.

.

.

.

Taehyung locked the door once again, after checking that his family went to sleep—after his video call with Jeongguk. Going towards his suitcase, he opened the side zip, before taking in a particular thing. 

Jeongguk's present to him.

The small box.

It was beautifully decorated with simple designs on it—Jeongguk was always awesome when it came to creativity and drawing, that it fascinated Taehyung. 

Sitting on his bed, amongst the blankets comfortably, he opened the box cap softly—only to see a black paper placed there, just as big as the box. Frowning slightly, he slowly took the paper out, confused slightly.

Taehyungie hyung, happy birthday!

He saw these words written on the white paper below—he could literally see that it was Jeongguk's handwriting. 

An automatic smile made its way to his face, as he touched the letters with his fingertips softly, before taking it out, excited on what would be there next.

But only a small gasp left him the moment he saw what was there. 

A ring—the same one Taehyung was sulking upon some months ago, that he couldn't buy it. 

Taehyung really couldn't believe that Jeongguk actually bought him that, and that too, turquoise in color—the rarest of stock.

"Damn, where did he get the money?" He muttered to himself, before wearing it softly, sliding it onto his ring finger, loving the feeling—probably because it was Jeongguk's present.