[P2] Chapter 57 : Happiness

June 3, 2019. 

It didn't take long for them to compensate.

Jeongguk purposefully didn't want to talk about it, which only made Taehyung convince him easier than he thought. Jeongguk, for once, wanted to see things for himself. By what he captured till now, was that Taehyung wouldn't tell him the truth now.

"I don't want to hide it from you, you just can't know it just yet."

Taehyung's words repeated in his mind, while taking a hot shower. It seemed like there was something that the elder one wanted to tell him, but couldn't bring himself to.

"Why would he hesitate though?" He muttered to himself. 

Jeongguk wanted to see if there was any visible change in Taehyung himself, which was why he did not ask anything in detail. Because he knew that the elder one wouldn't tell him. And that was the biggest mistake he made. He should've asked him, then and there.

Jeongguk got out of the shower after half an hour or so, feeling energized, which was a good thing considering he was just about to go to work. And all the members were asked to set aside their solo work for the day, meaning that they would be practicing and working together, giving Jeongguk the perfect chance to observe his boyfriend.

He let out a small sigh, lowkey feeling bad for what he was thinking to do. Not that he didn't trust Taehyung or anything, Taehyung was the only one he trusted more than anything, but... at the same time, he didn't want to pressure him into saying something that he wasn't ready for.

"But what is that something?" He asked out loud, looking at his own confused self through the mirror, staring for a few moments, "Ah, I don't know. Why is this complicated? Should I just ask him?" He questioned, frustrated at his mind overthinking for no reason.

The moment he asked that question, his mind went back to the uncomfortable and guilty look in Taehyung's face, making him shake his head slightly, rejecting that completely.

The last thing he wanted was to have Taehyung uncomfortable with him.

Before he could think of something else, he heard his phone vibrate which was lying on the bed. It was his mother.

And for a second, just for a second, all the worries flew away from his head, as he eagerly clicked on the contact name, to view the message. He loved his parents so much, and ever since they accepted him as gay, his love only increased thousand folds.

Little did he know that this was exactly what Taehyung wanted.

Little did he know that Taehyung's parents were offensive.

Little did he know that Taehyung was getting mentally weak because of that.

.

.

.

The first thing Jeongguk noticed ever since he went to work, was that Taehyung was quieter than usual.

Throughout the meeting with the staff and manager, Taehyung spoke only when needed. The maknae kept looking at him once in a few seconds, making sure that Taehyung didn't notice him.

On the other hand, Taehyung really didn't know anything. He was just listening carefully to whatever manager and the staff were saying, listening to the members' opinions and giving his own, when needed. He knew that he was more silent than usual, and honestly he was more comfortable like that, all of a sudden.