Ch61: Avenging Revenge

Author's pov
The hard banging on the door made it evident to Bondita that it's definitely not Anirudh but someone else. With the increase of bangs on the door her heart raced faster. But using her presence of mind, she decided to remain silent. Walking up to the telephone with injured feet, she tried to dial the numbers, her fingers were frozen and shivering at the same time but realisation hits hard sometimes. Someone has already disconnected their phone line but who would do that? That could be done by people residing inside the house.

She wondered what the guard is doing? Why wasn't he coming? Why did he let this person enter?

The door could break anytime. She knew its not good for her and her baby's health to panic so much.

"Arrey bhabi mein hu mein hu Zafar!"

She got relieved hearing this. He was none other than their trusted guard Zafar. She quickly opened the door and scolded him, "bhaiya ap itne zor se kyu dhakka de rahe the? Pata hain mein kitni daar gyi thi".

"Maaf karna Bhabi par pyas lagi thi aur ap darwaza khol hi nehi rahe the" he said gesturing towards the scorching sun outside.

Bondita asked him to sit inside and gave him a glass of water to drink. "Ap thak gye honge bahar dhup mein khare rehkar, mein kuch thanda le ayi" said Bondita with her most pleasant smile. Seeing her,  nobody would ever know what has happened this morning because she knew what happens between a husband and a wife should not be known by anyone else but them.

"Jante hain bhabi" said Zafar after taking a sip of water, "Binoy Malik ne ye dak Bungalow badi Malkin k liye banaya tha vaadiyo k beech. Jab Anirudh Babu chote the, aate the yaha. Mere abbu rakhwali karte the is ghar ki, yahi rehte the hum, mere bare bhai aur Baba".

"Ap pati babu ko bachpan se jaante ho?"

"Aur nehi to kya, jab Badi Malkin zinda thi to wo sab aksaar yaha aatein the, Anirudh aur Anirudh ka dost Saurav bhi ata tha, bachpan se jante hain hum, bhai hain wo mera. Ekbar khel khel mein Anirudh ne mera gudiya kho diya tha fir mera jo bada bhai tha usne...."

"Bare bhai?" Questioned Bondita, "kaha hain wo?"

"Behen darwaze ka tala to toot gaya" he changed the topic immediately, "issey thik karne k liye majdoor bhi to chahiye aur us taale ka chabi bhi to...."

"Pati babu to mujhe andar band karke khud chabi leke chale jaate hain" she untied a key from the end of her saree, "par dusra mere pass hain".

Thanking her, Zafar left with the keys.
Bondita immediately locked the door from inside since the outer lock was broken.

Bondita had not eaten anything since morning because eating needs a happy mood and she was definitely not happy. Anirudh was late and if it was some other day, she would have searched for him but today she simply layed on the bed while tears rolled down sidewards. She expected an apology from him for what he did.

She was still thinking and Anirudh might have deceived her because not that he has not fallen for some other girl earlier. It was just her fear that has to reach such a stage that opened the door for ego to come between them.

"Sorry" is a very small word because love wants to say but the same "sorry" becomes a big word because the ego wants to hear.

Once she thought of calling him from a nearby booth but then retreated. She thought of calling the viceroy office to inform Anirudh that she had called him to inform him about the broken lock and that he should come back home. But her ego stopped her from doing so.

She heard a sound at the door, hearing which she turned the other side thinking it to be her pati babu.

She was ready to not surrender because what he did was wrong. But Bondita can feel Anirudh and this time she was unable to feel his presence. Before she could turn back, a firm manly hand covered her mouth from behind and locked her hand behind her. She tried to shout but the man's grip became more tighter. Few more unknown faces entered.