Ch30: Bondita's mischiefs

When some sort of light ray reached my sweaty face, I slowly opened my eyes. My eyelids were not opening as if they had much weight. My body was numb and weak, the effect of chloroform you know.

I slowly opened my eyes but the surrounding was unknown to a great extent. It was a dark basement I think with lots of cartons and waste materials piled up. Dusty, dark room with broken window panes. A layer of dust had accumulated on the pane.

When I tried to sit straight, I realized something is wrong. I was gagged up, unable to make a free movement.

Severe headache occurred as if I am on a mari go round. Everything seemed to rotate in front of my eyes.

I recalled the moment before I fainted

Flashback...
I entered the temple and placed my ears to the door to hear what were they talking about.

"Logo ko aise hi bhakti k naam pe bewakoof banayenge" they all laughed hearing which my eyes widen and I tried to hear more diligently.

"Abh ye saare dhan aur us ladki ko leke bhag jayenge" said the other.

Which girl were they talking about suddenly someone from behind pushed me inside and I fell on the floor.

"Prabhu ye ladki chup chup k baatein sun rahi thi" said the one who pushed me in.

I stood up and glared at them, "jhoote log, sharam nehi ati tum logo ko?"

Pandit Triloknath laughed at me, "peheli bar dekha hain ki chidiya khud pinjre mein ayi hain".

"Ruko tumlogo ko aisa sabak sikhaungi ki saat pushte yaad rakhenge" saying I tried to leave but a man held my hand and I immediately slapped him, "Don't you dare to touch me"

"Mein tumlogo ka sach samne laungi!" I yelled and was about to leave but a firm hand held my mouth from behind.

I struggled to free myself but it was chloroform that started to intoxicate me as it reached my respiratory tract.

Everything started to blackout in front of my eyes

And then.....
Flashback ends...

My breathing became heavier, my thoughts were clouded by the unknown; I have already faced such a situation earlier and it still traumatizes me.

A man entered with food and sat beside me, opening me up, "ye khalo" he commanded.

"Tum log kaha leke aye ho mujhe!" I said with rage and threw the food away which angered him.

He stood up in anger and tried to approach me but I forwarded my feet and he fell on the floor.

"Hahahaa!" I started laughing, "gira huya insaan girega hi. I held my stomach and laughed at him unless the door opened and a familiar voice said, "kya ho raha hain yaha?" Which made me go quiet.

Anirudh's pov
I boarded the train to Haridwar. Is she fine? Why she always lands herself in trouble?

But why would they kidnap her? They didn't even ask for a ransom.

I took out her picture, "tumhe maza aata hain kya mujhe satane mein, apne apko musibat mein dalne mein? Bolo chup kyu ho? Humesha to bak bak karti ho?

Many bhakts were on the train along with me. One group of people were gossiping that reached my ears.

"Arrey devi ki darshan karenge, sakhshat manushya avatar".

What nonsense!! People still believe all these. I am least interested to meet that Devi. All am I going to do is find Bondita.