"Is it true? Is there some kind of monster keeping us from leaving town?" Archie asked. 

"Is that what happened to my brothers?" Leroy added. 

Emma took a moment and slowly answered, "Yes." 

"We believe that people are being abducted as they approach the town line," Kyla explained.

"So we're trapped here. Again?" Granny asked. 

"It's no different than last time," Emma answered. 

"Last time we lost our memories. This time we get dragged into the woods," Leroy contested. 

"Do you know who cursed us or why they want us here?" Belle stood up and asked. 

Emma and Kyla shared a look. 

"We're working on it," Kyla started. "But it's hard to figure out who cast a curse when no one remembers the last year."

That's when suspicions began to arise. Kyla had noticed Regina standing calmly and quietly in the back. She kept her head held high though she felt empty inside. 

Leroy was the first to make the accusation. 

The Queen did it. 

Everyone turned to stare at their former foe, who put her hands in the air. 

"For once, I am just as clueless as the rest of you," Regina said. 

"You expect us to believe that?" Whale asked. 

"It's the truth," Regina answered unfaltering. 

But the accusations kept coming. Regina was the only person they all knew who had the curse, knew how to use it, and had used it before. 

"Guys, can we calm down for a second here?" Kyla said, beginning to defend Regina, but Emma wasn't feeling it. 

"I am telling the truth. If I had done this there's one thing I'd have right now. My son." 

"Yeah, you're not getting anywhere near him until we get to the bottom of what's going on here," Emma said. 

"Emma," Kyla whispered, but Emma refused to take her eyes off of Regina. 

"So you're siding with the rabble?" Regina asked, her voice growing colder. 

The crowd started getting antsy. They were murmuring to themselves, standing up and moving toward Regina. Kyla could feel the fear they all felt, but if they rallied together, they could at least try to take her. 

Regina had had enough. 

"If you all want me to be the Evil Queen, then fine. That's exactly who you'll get." 

Regina grinned and threw her hands in front of her. 

The room began to shake. Kyla caught the first thing she could to steady herself. She wished she could conjure her magic and put an end to all of this, but she was still getting used to not having her powers. She wondered if the year in the Enchanted Forest had helped with that. 

Suddenly, Regina disappeared in a cloud of her purple smoke. The room steadied and Emma face contorted. 

"We can't let her get away," Whale said to a passing Emma. 

"I won't," Emma said and stormed out of the center. 

As Kyla ran to catch up to her, she noticed a man standing in the back by the door. Dark brown hair, piercing blue eyes, and definitely dressed like he had just come from the Enchanted Forest. While everyone was watching Emma, his eyes were locked on hers.