26 ~ Camp Stories

Start from the beginning

"What did I do to deserve the best fiancée ever," Chase questions, taking the boxes of pizzas from my hand. I turn on the oven while he opens them up.

"Avenge the gates of hell to collect your devil princess," I ramble. Chase looks at me weirdly before I laugh.

"Such a pretty face with an odd personality," he mumbles walking out of the kitchen. I throw the pizzas in the oven and take out a large glass bowl. I bought a shit ton of candy. I take it out of the grocery bags and dump it all in.

"Hendrix!" I shout, needing help. Within seconds he storms in and I hand him the pop and glass cups. I pick up the bowl of candy and the other grocery bags with chips and donuts and walk back to the living room with Hendrix.

"Hey, I have a question. How did Shawn get sent to the camp? Class 0 is so hard to get," AJ asks. Chase turns down the music so we can all hear properly.

"I was literally asking Chase the same question the other day," I mention.

"Wait, I'm curious about what you all did," Alex says.

"Okay well why don't we all just explain our stories tonight. Once the pizza is done," I suggest. Everyone agrees and we sit around for the next 20 minutes playing music and uno as the pizza is being cooked. I hear a bell ding from the stove and get up to get it.

I take out the pizzas and place them all on a plate. I walk back over to the group and set it down on Chase's new coffee table. It's not long before everyone digs in. "See you need a table. You're welcome," I gloat to Chase as he pulls me onto his lap.

"Grazie," he whispers, nibbling on my earlobe. I giggle, pulling away slightly as the group gets settled.

"I'll go first," Hendrix volunteers. Chase wraps his arms around my waist and places his chin on my shoulder. I wrap my arms over his and snuggle back into him.

"Basically this was about a year or two ago...

Hendrix's POV - Two Years and 2 Months Ago

"You got this! Don't even worry about a thing. This is it," Daniel assures me. He's been my best friend for the past four years. We're closer than ever.

"You're right. I got this," I take a deep breath before starting up my car.

"You've done it a million times before. This time just with the big boys. Half a million on the line, you got this," he encourages. He pats my shoulder through the window.

I wait for the girl barely dressed in clothes to wave down the white flag. Once she does my foot presses on the accelerator harder than ever and I'm off. I keep my eyes focused on the road and the cars around me.

Driving is one of the things I'm good at. It's always been my safe place. A chance to clear my mind. I wanted to do it professionally but my dad thinks it's a waste of time and useless. So might as well make it illegal with an increased amount of money.

I keep my spot in first place as I drift left all around. I watch from my rear view mirror as two cars smash together. That's definitely going to be a hefty price to repair.

A car approaches me, coming up and knocking me to the side. I keep focused on not trying to tip over and anyway I can escape this. I slowly lift my foot off the accelerator slowing me down and the car ahead gets confused. I use this as my advantage to speed back up faster than before and pass him.

Asshole.

Before I have the chance to drift right this time, a car hits the back of mine sending me off course. I close my eyes as my car spins off track until it stops and I'm in the middle of a street. Sirens go off but what's half a million dollars compared to an easy bail.