These things I noticed in almost ten seconds because I don't want to stare at him and seem like a total freak in front of him. Who knows if Allah has written him for me it will make a bad impression in front of the written one for me.

"Ma Sha Allah you always look beautiful" Aunt Reem complimented me looking lovingly into my eyes and I just smiled at her. The whole situation was so awkward because these things have never happened to me. Aunt Reem visited our house many times and she always complimented me by saying how she always wanted a daughter like me. But this visit is different and it seems so awkward.

Mom got up from her seat and was about to go somewhere when Aunt Reem asked her 'where is she going'.

"To the kitchen," mom said. I got up from my seat to run out of this situation for a little.

"Now where are you going?" Zainab said.

"Kitchen, to help mom" I answered and went there while they were busy talking to my dad and Munif.

While I was in the kitchen helping mom by pouring milkshake into glasses, Asad came inside and tucked my dress.

"Hey baby, do you want something?" I asked.

"I neeth waathel" he said with his tiny voice. He is adorable.

"Okay let me poul you a glass of waathel" I replied trying to mimic his accent. I poured water into a small glass and gave it to him.

"Thant yeou" he said giving the glass back to me.

"You're welcome handsome" I replied.

"Take Asad with you into the living room. I will bring these things," mom said.

"But I came here to help you," I replied.

"I know why you came here. I don't need your help now go to the living room" mom replied.

"Fine" I said and scooped Asad up onto my arms and went out of the kitchen.

"Maryam come here" Zainab said, pating an empty space next to her. I went there and sat beside her on the couch.

"Do you know how happy I am about this relationship" Zainab said "I've always wanted to have a sister like you" she added and I just smiled at her. She is so sweet. She really has a sweet tongue.

"So tell me how's your work going?" She asked.

"It's going great Alhamdulillah, with Allah's will I've done a lot of surgeries so far and willing to treat more people with the help of Allah" I replied enthusiastically because I love it when people talk about my work as a doctor. I can see from the corner of my eyes that Zaid was staring at me while playing with Asad who just escaped from my lap and went to Zaid.

"That's great Ma Sha Allah" she replied.

"Maryam, I really admire your enthusiasm about your dreams. I've heard alot of things about your goals and all from mom," Omair said and he sounded so genuine.

"Thanks," I said, smiling widely.
Everyone was talking to each other except for a certain someone who was the quietest one in the room and lost in his thoughts. I was also quiet but I was attentive with everyone's talk and answering when asked something.

Mom came with a carving trolley filled with snacks and beverages and started arranging the plates on the large tea table. I got up and helped her with the plates of snacks and glasses of beverages on the table.

When the snacks were finished mom got up to bring them to the kitchen and make tea for everyone. I volunteered to make tea. I exited the living room with the trolley now filled with empty plates and glasses. I started preparing tea when Munif came into the kitchen.

"Hey sis, need any help?" He asked.

"No, I'm okay, you go and talk to them" I replied.

"Do you think I came here only to help you, I was getting bored there, you know that I don't like talking about business on my off day and they're only talking about business and stuff" he said "how much I want to play overwatch with Zain it's been so long" he added.

"Then go and do the dishes," I said.

"Okay" he said and went to the sinc and emptied all the plates and glasses from the trolley and started cleaning the dishes.

"So what do you think about this proposal?" I asked him "should I say yes?" I added.

"I don't know, I think you should think properly before saying anything and if you're willing to do that then I'm always with you," he said.

"I want your personal opinion. I know it's up to me to say yes or no and I also know that you will always be by my side but I want you to tell me should I say yes or no" I asked.

"Well after talking to him not too much because he was too quiet he seems like a good guy, he is successful, and he is fulfilling your first criteria of a husband. He is a devout worshiper. If you don't like anyone else and there isn't any other better proposal so you should say yes to this and take your time to know him better and if you ever feel that it's not working or you're not comfortable with him we can always call off the nikah. Don't do anything out of pressure and never think that just because he is our dad's only sister's son so you can spend your life with him out of family pressure without happiness. You should know that a marriage without happiness never lasts long. So if you don't feel good about this relationship you have to take action and call off the wedding before Nikah and never feel pressured. Your brother and your parents are always with you and we love you." He said and I can feel tears in my eyes. 'Oh Allah what good deeds I've to have a lovely brother like Munif'.

"Alhamdulillah my brother has matured so much" I said.

"So what do you think?" He said.

"I think I should give it a chance" I answered "I am going to say yes" I added.

------------------

A/N: Assalamualaikum everyone!
An update for you all.
Maryam is going to say yes! What do you think is going to happen?
Do you think Maryam will end up marrying Zaid?

What do you think about Zaid does he looks like a good guy?

Even Munif is saying that she should give this proposal a chance.

Comment your thoughts.

Don't forget to vote.

Thank you.

👇Vote👇