Not giving up

I stood there in the rain. Hovering above Lexi's lifeless body. Everybody in black. Her parents stood there looking at me and crying. I told them what happened. And they are blaming me for Lexi's death. It's my fault. I know. I should just let her take me. I walked away from the funeral. Tears running down my face.

"Hey hey baby." Jack ran up to me and hugged me while I sobbed on his shoulder.

"It's all my fault jack. It's all my fault. I shouldn't have. I should have let her take me. Now all because of me. Lexi is gone." I cried on his shoulder with his arms around me.

"Listen this is no where near your fault. It's Ella. Let's remember the you helped her get revenge. And she thinks that that's not enough! No! No! This all...is not your fault." He told me holding my head in his hands. He kissed me on the forehead and we walked away and got into the car. We drove of in complete silence.

Suddenly we stopped and we where just there on an empty cliff.

"What what..." I woke up from a very deep sleep. Jack climbed out of the car and walked to the front of the car and opened the front.

"I don't see anything-" suddenly the car started moving. Jack screamed and I moved into the drivers seat. I tried everything. Turning the car of turning the car stepping in the brakes...nothing worked.

The cliff was slowly coming to and end and soon enough jack would fall of the bridge.

I jumped out of the car scraping my knee and my elbow. I quickly stood up and ran to the frog of the car.

Jack was there slowly reaching the end of the cliff. His terrified face looking at me.

"Ok listen jack jump to the side now!" But he just stood there still being pushed to the end of the cliff. He froze. He couldn't do anything.

He was almost there.

"Jack ja-" he fell of the cliff and I heard a splash below. But I wasn't going to give up. I dived into the river below me and looking around in the dirty Water. I looked below me to see jack slowly being pulled by someone....something.

I swam down and the closer I went the more recognisable the thing pulling jack was.

It was Ethan.

I quickly swam faster than I never had before and grabbed jacks hand.

I was slowly fading away. Everything was slowly becoming black. But I still...never. Gave. Up. I pulled him up and realised how hard it was because Ethan was pulling him below. Next thing I know a light some light comes above me and pulls me up. Ethan faded away with a terrified look on his face.

We where pulled all the way back up to the bridge we where on before and I ran to jack. He obviously blacked out and I lay there looking at his face.

"Jack jack come on wake up I need y-" he spluttered and looked up at me. There in front of me was lexi. Smiling and glowing like never before.

"Thank you." I mouthed.

She slowly walked away into nowhere.

Jack looked up at me and said:

"Thank you for not giving up."