12. Drunk man's words Spread

Start from the beginning

"Yeah." She grinned, happy that I got it. "You have to stop talking with her, she is a bad friend." I turned to do my tie just as she released another dramatic gasp.

"She has been there with me since childhood! You know what? I will wear only this." She scoffed, walking out the closet and beside me to fix her shiny black hair.

I shrugged, getting frustrated again. Ace Williams, in the list of top 5 business men in the world, having numerous hotels and managements, numerous meetings and connections, unlimited wealth and power...

Can't do a fucking tie properly.

"For Christ sake, you are choking." Athena slightly screamed, pushing my hands away and undoing the tie hastily. I only realized I was running out of breath when I felt the tie loosen around my neck, making me breathe easily again.

"I am sure you will die one day just because your ego didn't ask for help from anyone." Athena mumbled, coming closer to do my tie.

And I hate how perfectly she can do a tie.

"Well, if I die I don't have to do my tie anymore." She grinned at this, her ocean blue eyes glancing into my grey before breaking it off quickly and focusing back on the tie.

Huh?

I stared at her a bit confused. She never avoided my gaze. "Athena."

"Hm?" She hummed, not looking at me for even a second. "Athena, look up." Her brows crunched together yet she didn't look up but a slight annoyance crossed her face.

"What is it Ace? Spit it out." I held her wrists from doing anything at all, making her look up. "You can't look at me." She gave a confused look at my statement, quickly going back to my tie.

Fucking tie.

"I just looked at you."

"Look into my eyes." I demanded, making her scoff. "What's wrong with you? Don't want to keep me away now?" Athena snapped, making me almost roll my eyes.

"Can you or can you not?" I asked in annoyance. I have no idea why, she not looking me in the eye was bugging me, perhaps even pissing me off.

"Can and can't." She replied after a few moments of thinking, making me grab her chin and raise it up. Her ocean blue eyes finally rested on my grey, making my heart go normal. The fuck? I should take a medical appointment.

"Why are you avoiding my gaze?" I stared down at her as she bit her lower plump lip from the side. That was...hot.

"I didn't avoid." She mumbled, and didn't break away this time. I stared hard at her, her unsure ocean darting between both my eyes.

Athena sudden shook her head, breaking the gaze as she went back to my tie. "Do you like storm?" I frowned at the sudden change of topic.

"Not much, I guess. You?" Her face lightened up as she finished up with my tie, and looked up with a faint smile.

"I love it. Especially the dark grey ones." Who loves storm? This girl was weird. "Why?" I played along, turning to my mirror to almost scoff at how perfectly the knot turned out.

Turns out I am very bad at something.

"It's beautiful, how it rages a second and calms the next. Grey is a really beautiful color." Athena finally mumbled, looking down at the floor before striding to grab her clutch.

"Let's go?" My wife was totally weird. "Let's go."

_____________________________________