Chapter 13

I fell asleep quickly only to be awoken by another nightmare except this was worse than any I've had in the past....

Third Person

You woke up screaming, tears streaming down your face, sweaty. Images of the nightmare flashed before your eyes. It was like you couldn't move or escape what you had done. Every time you attempted to lie back down and close your eyes, your breathing would decrease more and more until it felt like you were suffocating. Gasping for air that never managed to enter your lungs.

You didn't realise that someone had entered your room until you heard the door gently close behind whoever it was. Immediately you threw a small fireball in the direction of the noise before even looking at who was there. When you finally did look after slightly calming down, you once again saw the redhead. Luckily she had narrowly missed getting a blast from the fire you sent her way so she was alright. That couldn't be said for your door however. A large hole had been created and the edges of it were chard and black.

Once you had realised you nearly hurt her you immediately started to apologise over and over and over again. "I-I am so sorry. I'm sorry. I shouldn't have done that. I could have h-hurt you. Are you okay?" You stuttered out still in shock from the dream and the event that just occurred.

"I should be asking you that since I heard a deafening scream which woke me up. I thought someone was being murdered" she replied "I'm alright don't worry. Not even a scratch."

With that you relaxed at let out the breath you didn't realise you were holding. "Good. I would never hurt you on purpose it's just sometimes when I'm vunerable and not expecting to see someone, I just lose control. Also I'm sorry for the screaming, I didn't mean to wake you". The tears still slowly rolling down your cheeks.

"Nightmares" she asked careful not to push.

In return you nodded and said "I've never had one this bad before."

"Would you like to talk about it. I'm a good listener" she asked a small forgiving smile on her face.

"N-no" you once again stuttered as the memories of the dream resurfaced again.

In that instant Natasha layed down next to you on your bed without a word. She opened her arms signalling you to lie down and cuddle her. For once in your life you felt oddly at peace with this. She wrapped her arms around you and soon after you fell asleep listening to her heartbeat. You didn't have a nightmare for the rest of the night but by morning you awoke alone. All that's was out of place was a note on your bedside table saying Natasha had gone one a mission for two months in Germany with Clint and Steve. You somehow felt alone without her here. Even though it seemed like she very much hated you, she quickly changed her mind.

(Time skip because I can)

A few weeks later

Your POV

Natasha was still on a mission and I was in Tony's lab helping him build more of this machine. For some reason we haven't come up with a name for it yet, we only know what it does and how to build it so we both just call it the machine. He is as flirtatious as ever and Pepper seems to get annoyed with him when he does it. Most of the time I ignore it or sometime I just stick the Muggle finger up to him and tell him to fuck off. Other than that he is great. Thor comes around as often as possible when he isn't needed in Asgard, he is like a big cuddly teddy bear when you get to know him. When he comes over we always raid the kitchen for pop tarts and when there isn't any he gets upset so I've made it my mission to always stash some away when he comes around, just for him.

Bruce mainly stays in his lab, I'm not sure what he does down there most of the time, but I think he just likes the peace and quiet in his own space. He's really sweet when you get to know him but he isn't the best at speaking to large groups of people incase he turns into the green giant. I understand that a lot. I've been constantly terrified of everything I do incase something like the accident with Dimitri and his daughter somehow occurs again.

For the past few weeks I have had more nightmares, each progressively getting worse. The only way I cope is getting up early and training. Mainly hitting the punching bags while listening to music until I can no longer feel my hands.

Today was the day I was going to ask Fury how he is getting along with tracking Matt down. Although I'm not exactly sure how to contact him in the first place.

"J.A.R.V.I.S you don't happen to have Nick Fury's phone number do you" I ask.

"Why yes, I do Miss Y/L/N. Would you like it?" He replies almost straight away.

"Yes please. Thank you." I say.

He reads the phone number out loud and I use the phone Tony gave me as a welcome present to call Fury. After about the third ring he picks up.

"Hello Director Fury, it's Y/N. I was wondering if you had any updates on tracking down Matt. I was hopi-" I started before he cut me off.

"Miss Y/L/N, I will call you if there are any updates but at the moment this is not my biggest priority, two of my agents and a super soldier are missing and I need to find them before I find your friend. I have to go. Goodbye." With that he ended the call.

I was pissed he wasn't looking for Matt, but even more pissed that he spoke to me like that. I said his words in my head over and over again until something very obvious clicked. He was talking about Nat, Clint and Steve when he said he had people missing. They should be fine right? Steve's a super soldier, Clint's a perfect marksman and Mats an ex Russian spy who was also an ex KGB member. They will be fine. Won't they? I have to find them.

We have to find them.

I started to stress and ran to the three people who were in the compound who could help. I told J.A.R.V.I.S to ask them all to come to the main room because it was important. After about five minutes they all came in. Thor, Bruce and Tony. I explained what I believed and almost instantly they agreed that we had to do something. Bruce was hesitant about going to find them but wanted to help so agreed to  stay on the quinjet, that was parked at Stark Tower, unless we needed Hulk.

Before leaving we decided a plan. Stark hacked into S.H.I.E.L.D to get the details on the mission that Nat went on. We discovered it was something to do with HYDRA. Thor didn't want me to go with them as he thought I was of little help due to having no skills or abilities but I wanted to make sure everyone was alright. Even if they don't know I have powers and can't tells them or show them, I still have to do something. I insisted on going and will much reluctancy Bruce, Tony and Thor said I could go along as I stayed on the quinjet with Bruce. I agreed, but i knew that if they needed help they I would have to do something. I hoped it wouldn't come down to it.

About an hour later we were set to go and that's just what we did. We all piled into the jet, Tony was driving although he mainly just took off in it and turned on the autopilot until he would manually land it.we all sat waiting, each of us going Ng over the plan in our heads. What could go wrong......

Authors Note

I had writer's block on Sunday and yesterday I forgot to post this but here you go. It's a little shorter mainly because I'm still not over the whole writer's block however the next chapter is hopefully coming out tomorrow and it's is going to be long and I mean long. I hope you have enjoyed this story so far. Sorry for the not updating when I say. I usually forget to post the chapter, or forget to write it but most of the time I have writer's block. Like I know where I want the story to go and what's going to happen next, I just can't get the words out. I hope you understand. Stay safe. ☺️