Chapter 12

It's time to make sure she knows who she is messing with......

Your POV

"J.A.R.V.I.S could you please tell me where Natasha is please." I ask the A.I.

Miss Romanoff is in the training room. Shall I alert her that you are on your way to her Miss Y/L/N?" J.A.R V.I.S  tells me.

"No thank you." I reply.

"Will that be all Miss?" He asks.

"Yes." I reply once again.

"Very well Miss Y/L/N. Have a splendid day " He says.

As I walked through the corridors towards the training room, file in hand, I start to get nervous. Perhaps this wasn't the best idea I've had. Still I have to do this so she will get off my case about my past. I got this. Right?

When I finally make it to the training room I immediately see Natasha. She was throwing knives at a wooden dummy. Each knife she threw hit the target with precision. I found myself staring at her for longer than I should, captivated by her skill and elegance.

I didn't notice she had stopped throwing knives until one went past my face and hit the wall behind me. I was startled and jumped dropping the file I had in my hands as she just looked at me with a raised eyebrow. As I bent down to pick the file up I noticed a drop of blood hit the cover of the file. Then I felt a slight sting on my ear. She had grazed it when she threw the knife and it was ever so slightly bleeding.

"You should get that checked out. Don't want you to die from and infection caused by so much as a paper cut." She stated smirking, eyebrow still raised.

I didn't answer and instead just stood up with the file tightly gripped in my hands.

"What'cha got there?" She asked still smirking.

Something inside me boiled. I was so angry that she was smiling when she should just stop being so annoying. Why did she have to make me so angry.

"Y/N, are you okay? Your eyes are glowing red and black and y-your hands have flames coming out of them. What's going on?" She asked concerned.

Once she said that I realised I had let a secret surface. I revealed something that I had locked away for years in fear of repeating my same mistake. She knew one thing I was capable of. I looked down at my hands to see no longer a file but instead a pile of ash on the floor. I then looked up fear covering my face. Afraid of what Natasha would do. Afraid of what I would do to the Avengers. To Natasha. When I looked up I saw confusion spreading on her face.

I was afraid so I ran. Forgetting about the reason I came to confront her. Forgetting the second thing I was supposed to do that day. I just ran. Ran through the halls hearing her shout my name. Calling me to come back. I was a monster and I couldn't risk hurting anyone else. I ran through the front doors, into the open world. I felt dizzy, and out of breath as I looked round for anywhere I knew. Any safe place to go and not harm anyone. I quickly realised there was no where I could go. I had no home, no family and the one person who cared for me was being held somewhere by the man who ruined my life. I had to go back inside, so that's what I did.

I somehow managed to avoid everyone and make it to my room. I opened my door, went inside and once again I saw the redhead sat on my bed. My breathing was still short, and now I felt more dizzy than before. I turned to leave when a hand came to the side of my head and slammed the door shut.

Blocking my exit the redhead said "Don't leave. Talk to me, I need to know what's going on. If you don't tell me I will go to Fury."

"Fury already knows. He promised he wasn't going to say anything. Like I've said before I just want to do my job and leave." I state, still facing the door.