Chapter 1

It had been five years since you became a wanted criminal. You had left your home in the UK with a fake passport. You used what money you had to go to America. People were after you. Not just the police but the russian mob boss Dimitri Igor. You were wanted all around the world for something that wasn't technically your fault. You couldn't control it. You didn't choose to become a monster. You were taken and tortured and no one cares until the accident happened.

You just got of the train in the subway wearing full black, with a hoodie, jeans, a cap, sunglasses and boots. You had a small backpack which carried a disposable phone, some cash, your fake passport and fake ID. It also had some clothes that would last a few days and you had your toothbrush and toothpaste and a hairbrush. You had a pocket knife in your jeans incase anyone wanted to start something. You were constantly aware of everything that was going on around you. You were paranoid people were going to realise who you were. You felt eyes on you so decided to get out of the subway and make your way to a safehouse you bought online with the cash.

You had the feeling that you were being followed but you didn't turn around to check. You walked faster and faster until you started to jog. You dipped into an alley and climbed the ladder for the fire escape on the apartment building and waited at the top of it. Someone turned the corner but didn't see you. He held his ear and said "I lost her but she can't of gone far." You were confused because you had never seen this person before. You didn't recognize them as any of Dimitri's men or the local police. You thought to yourself that he may be a private investigator or an undercover cop who was told to track you down but the expensive watch on his hand that he held to his ear told you otherwise. A private investigator or an undercover cop wouldn't be able to afford that watch. Although you were high up you were able to make out the type and you were certain it was a Rolex. You had learnt what expensive watches looked like while on the run as you had to pickpocket them of people to sell to side brokers for money to move on from city to city.

The man left the alley and you relaxed a little. You decided after five minutes that it was safe enough to hop down from the fire escape and make a run for the safe house. Luckily this time you were not followed and withing half an hour you had reached the building. It was run down and falling apart but for now it was home. You hadn't went inside due to you paying for it online of some dudes laptop at a café when he went to the toilet. No one noticed what you were doing because it was like you were invisible to everyone around you.

You took the keys from under a plant pot next to the little staircase leading up to the door. You knew the keys were there because that's where to owner told you he put them as you couldn't meet in person. You opened the door with a forceful shove as it was a little rusty. You went inside and it was extremely dark so you attempted to look for a light switch and after about ten minutes you finally did. You flipped the switch up and the lights flickered on and off before eventually fully turning on. It was still a little dark but it was light enough to see around the place and boy was it falling apart. Their were dead cockroaches on the floor and holes it the wall. Not to mention the damp mold growing from the ceiling. The floorboards were creaky and the banister on the staircase leading to the next floor was rotting away.

You thought to yourself, at least I have a place to stay for a while. You closed the front door and made sure to lock it tight. All the while in the back of your mind you still couldn't for the life of you figure out who the man was or who he worked for. You tried to ignore the thoughts by going upstair to explore. You found two rooms. One room had a huge hole going through the floor where it had obviously caved in. The other room was perfectly fine if you call cold and rotting perfect in this situation. Although it did have a mattress which you had asked the owner to put in recently so that at least made the room less empty. There was also one bathroom which had a shower, a sink and a toilet in. It was quite small but it would do for you. Downstairs was plain. Just a chair and a shelving unit in the living room. A small dirt kitchen and a small round table with two chairs in the dining room.

You put your backpack down in the room with the mattress and decided to take a shower. You got undressed and hopped in not wanting to wait for it to heat up because you couldn't wait any longer. You turned on the water and it was ice cold. You said to yourself it would heat up soon but it never did. You washed yourself as fast as possible not wanting to spend another second under the cold water. You got out and realised you forgot to bring a towel so you decided to air dry. After around ten minutes you were dry so you got dressed. Your hair was still wet but you didn't care.

It was getting late so you tried to get to sleep. The mattress wasn't as uncomfortable than you thought it would be. You tossed and turned. Screaming and crying but you were asleep. The dreams of the horrific scenes unfolding in your head not allowing you to wake up to escape.

You finally woke up in a cold sweat. You were breathing heavily trying to catch your breath when you heard a floorboard creek from downstairs. You collected your things still trying to adjust to waking up when the floor creaked again but it seemed closer. You darted to the window in the room not wanting or prepared to face the person in the building. You made sure you had your pocket knife and you headed up the fire escape to the roof because you wanted to at least see who it was so you knew who to look out for. You were climbing the ladder when someone grabbed your ankle.

You tried to carry on up the ladder but it was no use. The person had a strong grip and started to shout, saying "Get down now. You need to come with me. You need to pay for what you did." I looked down to see who it was and it was.....