Chapter 2

You tried to carry on up the ladder but it was no use. The person had a strong grip and started to shout, saying "Get down now. You need to come with me. You need to pay for what you did." I looked down to see who it was and it was.....

Your POV

"Steve?" I said. I was so confused. I hadn't seen him in years and now he was grabbing my leg and telling me I had to pay for what I did.

"My name is Richard. Who the hell is Steve. Now get down here and come with me. My boss told me I had to get you and that you needed to pay for everything you have done." He replied.

I didn't understand. The man holding my leg was Steve, I was sure of it but I wasn't going to let that stop me from getting away no matter who it was. He loosened his grip as he was talking so I yanked my leg out of his grasp and carried on climbing up. I felt the ladder begin to shake as I was going up so I looked down and saw him start to climb aswell. He was fast. Extremely fast but I was faster and ahead of him. I reached the roof and ran towards the edge. I leaped from my building to the next and landed on my ankle causing a sharp pain to travel up my body. I winced but saw the man getting ready to jump over towards me. I got up and ran, I tried my best to ignore the pain in my ankle as I made my way towards the door on the roof. With all my strength I managed to open the rusty door just as I saw the man land on the building I was on with a breeze. How could he do that?

He made his was over to me so I ran down the stairwell nearly tripping every so often. As I reached about half way down I noticed he had disappeared. I didn't wait to find out where he was so I carried on going after catching my breath. I finally reached the bottom but the man was still nowhere to be seen. I ran outside and it was then when the pain in my ankle became unbearable. I wanted to get as far away from here as possible but i was finding it hard to move much. I decided the best idea was to move somewhere I wouldn't be seen so I duct into the closest alleyway.

That was my biggest mistake. I was struck from behind by something hard and heavy. I fell to the ground and was knocked unconscious but not before noticing a certain watch I had previously seen before...

(Time Skip)

Your POV

I woke up in a cold, dark room. My head was spinning and I felt a sharp pain on the back of my head. I could feel a warm liquid pouring from where I felt the pain. I tried to move but I couldn't. I was tied to something with rope around my wrists and ankles.

"Finally, your up. It's about time." Someone said in the corner of the room.

My eyes were still adjusting after being knocked out. Although I did see a glint of something shiny in the corner of where the sound came from.

"What's going on?! Where am I?! Why am I here?! Let me go!!" I screamed, trying to pull my hands and feet free but failing. The rope just seemed to get tighter and cut through my skin.

"Calm down and shut up! You will get your answers soon!" The voice shouted.

"Who are you?" I said but my voice started to crack.

A man stepped out of the shadows. It was the man with the watch. I knew him.

"I am no one important. Just someone who is paid to watch you and help collect you." He replied.

"Why am I here?" I asked again this time somewhat more calm.

"I told you, you will get your answers soon." He said leaving the room through a key card locked door.

I was cold, hungry and in pain. I didn't know what was going on. I started to get angry with myself for getting caught. I had been so careful and this time I was stupid enough to try and stay behind to see who was after me. Maybe if I had just carried out a better plan I wouldn't have got into this situation.

I started to feel faint and the pain in my head grew. I was losing consciousness and I couldn't do anything about it. The dreams started again. The nightmares came back but I couldn't wake up.

(Time Skip)

I was woken up by a fist punching my face. It broke my nose and I screamed out in pain. I saw the red liquid drip from my face hitting the concrete floor. I looked up to see the same man with the watch standing next to, who I believed was Steve.

"Steve Rogers? Is that you? Why am I here? I don't understand. We are friends how could you do this?" I yelled at him tears in my eyes.

(Flashback sort of)

Steve was my friend. I had met him at a bar three years ago while I was on the run. He didn't know who I was, well who I really was. He just thought I traveled around the world, which is why he didn't question when I kept moving around the USA. We hung out almost every night and day I was in new York. We were inseparable. That was until about a year ago when I had to move without telling him. He thought I was dead. Killed in a freak accident. That's what my death certificate said, that's what I made it say. After that I changed my name again and created a whole new backstory.

(End of flashback thing)

"I am Richard Wayne. You know my somewhat brother Steve. That goodie two shoes son of a bitch!" He shouted.

I asked "You look just like him. How can you be brothers? He doesn't have any siblings that I can remember him talking about."

"Well you see, I am a clone of Steve. It may seem odd to you but I was created for great purposes. I am going to take over the world." He snarked.

'Then why am I here? What do I have to do with anything?" I inquired.

"Questions, questions, questions. All will be answered in good time. All I can let you know is that you are wanted by a man who will pay me good money to get you to him. I need the money to help make my plans a reality so why not sell you out?" He said.

"Let me guess. The man who wants me is Dimitri the Russian mob boss. Am I right?" I spat.

"Well, well, well aren't you smart. I can understand why Steve likes you. Sorry, my mistake liked you because from what I know your meant to be dead correct?" He answered.

"How do you know who I was? And enough with the theatrics okay?" I snapped.

"You will know the answers to all your burning questions in good time." He said before whispering something to the guy with the watch.

Richard left the room and I was so confused. I thought how did he know who I was? How long has he been onto me? What is his plan? Before I could even try answer any of my questions in my head, I felt a prick in my neck and I drifted of to sleep....