Chapter 8

Little did you know tonight was the start of something major in your life......

First person

I woke up after how ever long still in the car with Fury in the front and I noticed we had started to slow down. I looked around and had no idea where I was. It was an unfamiliar environment. The car stopped after parking and Fury told me to get out and follow him. I got out the car and did as I was told. We came to this large building Fury called the triskwho, trieska, oh wait it was The Triskelion I believe. Anyway apparently this is the headquarters of S.H.I.E.L.D. Not that I care much considering I'm only here for what I assume is something quick and then I can get Matt back and we can continue out life on the run as old pals.

I followed Fury not really paying attention to anything around me. We eventually, after which felt like forever of a hike, went inside a room with a long table and chairs surrounding it. It was a plain room, white walls, no windows, grey carpet, excetera. Nothing to special. Fury told me to sit down so I complied. He started talking to me about what I was here for. I still wasn't fully listening but I managed to get some words which helped string some sentences together. He said something like 'S.H.I.E.L.D needs your help. We are under attack from an agency called HYDRA. They plan to do something we are not completely sure of yet. Yada yada yada. Blah blah blah. We need you to make this machine which will help save the world. More boring stuff. You will be working closely with the Avengers and don't worry we will keep your past private from them.'

Third person

You shot up in your seat and said "The Avengers as in THE AVENGERS"

"That's what I said didn't I? Are you even listening" He asked and you nodded your head. He continued by saying "They won't know your past and I will introduce you as an engineer so you'll have a cover which is somewhat true. You need to get them to trust you and you will be working with them closely. When the time comes Miss Y/L/N you will need to tell them your abilities because your going to be here for a while and they could use your help. You may even become an honourary Avenger." He said just as a woman came in and handed Fury some documents.

The woman held out her hand and said "Agent Maria Hill. I work very closely with Director Fury and the Avengers. I am here to help you settle in." You nodded your head and shook her hand.

"Y/N Y/L/N. Someone with a past they wish to forget. It's nice to meet you." You replied.

Fury hands you the documents and tells you to look over them when your settled in. He also says that he is going to look for Matt and Dimitri wherever they are.

Agent Hill asks you to follow her and you do so. Your led outside and back into a black Sudan. This time your in the front and  Agent Hill drives the car. You eventually are back in the city and end up at the Avengers tower. Agent Hill parks the car and you both get out, the documents still in your hands. She leads you into the building where a grumpy, chubby man sits. He is wearing a suit and simply nods when he sees Agent Hill. She leads you into and elevator and says "Don't worry they will like you." she whispers under her breath "I hope."

She clicks a button and the elevator goes up. After about thirty seconds the elevator dings and the doors open. You and Agent Hill step out and are treated with strange looks from five different people. They definitely didn't expect to see someone new. You gulped down hard on the lump forming you your throat. You see a large man with a huge hammer in his hands eating Pop Tarts on the couch. A woman with red hair sitting down next to the large god like man with the hammer. A man who is wearing glasses and seems like he is about to explode with anger. Another man who walks up to you and says "Well hello beautiful. I'm Tony Stark as you might know and I am a Genius, Billionaire, Playboy, Philanthropist."

You smile at him but are distracted by the last person you see.

"Steve?" You question.

He looked shocked and a little nervous. He simply walks up to you and gives you a hug. Your surprised by his reaction so don't immediately hug him back. Soon enough as his grip around you gets stronger, you relax and hug him back. You though he would be angry but he seems relieved. Everyone stares at you confused and skeptical as they have no idea who you are......