Chapter 10

As I walked through my door I noticed Natasha sat on my bed, arms crossed.....

Your POV

I just stood there in shock. Not knowing what to say as I didn't expect her to be in here.

"So...why may I ask are you in here?" I ask unsure of if I should have talked to begin with.

"I did a little research on you after you arrived. Fury usually tells us if a new person is going to arrive but he didn't. You just turned up our of the blue. There wasn't much in your file as almost everything was redacted or classified which is odd since your just here to help Tony. However what I did find was very interesting. I know about your parents and what you did to them. I also know about Dimitri but most of both of those files are redacted. As much as I trust Fury, I don't trust you. What are you hiding Y/L/N?" She said sternly.

I took a big gulp to try and get rid of the lump in my throat but it didn't work. I tried my best to act tough and replied with "Listen, I'm just here to help Tony. What you know about me from my file is all your going to get. Fury seems like a pretty important man so I assume he has good reason to keep things from my past a secret. All I want to do is help Tony and leave, go back to my life and forget my life before this. Alright? So if you could kindly leave my room and let me get ready for this party Tony is hosting, that would be lovely"

With that Natasha stood up and left my room but not before saying "I'm watching you Y/L/N and I will find out who you really are. Wether you have Fury wrapped around your finger or not. Watch your back I don't like people who appear out of thin air."

As she closed the door I immediately began to panic. My heart race increased and I could hear it beating in my ears. My breathing increased and I started to shake. I couldn't move. Thoughts racing throughout my head saying 'what if she tells the others' 'what if she finds out who I am' ' what if Steve realises I'm not who I say I am' 'what if they push me out before they can help me find Matt'.

I don't know how long I was sat there before someone knocked on my door and knocked me from my thoughts. I tried my best to compose myself as I tried to walk to the door. My legs feeling weak and like jelly. I opened the door just a crack and saw someone I didn't recognise.

"Hello. I'm Clint. Your Y/N right. Tony told me to come get you because the party was starting. Are you ready?" He said.

"Hi. Yeah I'm Y/N it's nice to meet you. Just give me a minute and I will be right out." I said.

"Sure no problem. I will wait out here for you. Tony told me to escort you to the party so you wouldn't get lost." He smiled.

I give him a nod and close the door. I check myself in the mirror and sort out my clothes a little and fix my hair. I open the door to see Clint looking at the floor in his own world. He only looks up when my door shuts behind me. He simply smile and asks "Ready? Tony's parties can get a little out of hand sometimes so don't say I didn't warn you".

I let out a little chuckle and reply with "After what I've heard about his parties I don't think I will ever be ready".

We walk to the party, talking about our lives, well everything I can without telling him the monster I am. I learn a lot about him and the other Avengers which is interesting to say the least. He seems like a good guy and I think we will get along pretty well for the time I'm here. I find out that he doesn't live in the tower as he has his own place and that he only comes when he needs to like for special occasions or missions.

It doesn't take us long to get to the party as it's on the roof thing of the tower but when we get there everyone is staring at me. This is going to be so fun....