𝗖𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝙵𝙸𝚅𝗘

𝗧𝙴𝙽 𝚈𝙴𝙰𝚁𝚂 𝙰𝙶𝙾, 𝚂𝙷𝙸𝙶𝙰𝙽𝚂𝙷𝙸𝙽𝙰 𝙷𝙸𝙶𝗛

            "GOD, ALL HE WANTS TO DO IS MAKEOUTplease don't invite him to your party, Connie." You whine, tugging at the sixteen-year-old boy's sleeve to get him to listen to you.

"It's open-invite, Y/N!" He protests, pulling his arm away from your reach. "If you don't want Reiner around, just break up with him before tonight. That'll get him to not show his face at my place later, right?"

"Having a boyfriend who wants to make-out with you all the time sounds like a blessing and a curse, to be honest." Sasha inputs from the other side of Connie as the three of you plus Jean walk home together after getting off from the school bus.

"It's only a curse, Sasha." You grumble. "Imagine not being able to eat because your boyfriend would rather eat your mouth than a slice of pizza."

"Oh my God — you're right — it's a curse. It's a curse!"

"You two are being so dramatic." Connie rolls his eyes. "I'm being serious, Y/N. Break up with Reiner. You're clearly not happy and it's obvious to everyone that your relationship is boring — Jean! Common, back me up here, man. Why're you so quiet?"

"Huh? What? Oh, sorry. I'm tired." Jean sighs from next to you. He has his hands shoved into the pockets of his school uniform slacks and has been dragging his feet all tired-like ever since you left school together. "Coach worked our asses off at practice today."

"At least Eren Yeager stopped beating your ass up after Y/N slapped him that day like the boss bitch she is!" Sasha cheers, tipping her head around Connie's frame to shoot you a massive grin.

"I didn't slap Yeager for Jean's sake!" You remind your friends. "I slapped him because he was being a dick to me."

"I don't know why you went after him like that in the first place." Jean shakes his head. "Now he's gonna start picking on you too after what you did to him."

"Really? 'Cause he's been real quiet recently." You point out. "And Sasha's right. He hasn't messed with you in a while either, Jean."

"Guys, don't be mad at me, but, uh, Eren's probably gonna be at my party later tonight." Connie nervously revealed.

"He what?!"

"What the fuck, Connie!"

"I told you guys it's open-invite!"

"Y/N you have my full approval to slap Eren again if he says or does anything dumb tonight!"

"Thanks, Sasha."

After dropping Sasha and Connie off at their houses, Jean and you are left to wallow in silence as the two of you walk the last stretch that leads to the street you live on.

"Y/N?" Jean finally speaks up just as you turn onto your street.

"Yeah?"

"Can you stick by my side at the party tonight?" His voice is timid and it's unusual for you to hear him sound like this.

"Stick by your side?" You tilt your head in confusion as the two of you keep walking. "I'm probably gonna go to Connie's with Rein—"

"Goddamnit, break up with Braun, Y/N." Jean snaps irritatedly. The earlier timidness in his voice disappears in a flash the instant you bring up Reiner. "Connie's right. It's obvious your relationship with him isn't making you happy. You don't have to keep stringing it along for his sake. He's a big boy — he can handle the truth."