𝗖𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝙾𝙽𝗘

YOUR HEAD SPINS AND YOUR FINGERS rubbing against your temples isn't enough to alleviate the pain you're feeling. They're never enough when the cause of your headache is Eren Yeager.

You can't even bring yourself to yell at him over the phone some more. You know raising your voice would do nothing to change the composed way he's speaking to you like he has no intentions of pacifying you even though you desperately want him to say something that will bring you some peace of mind.

But 'peace' and 'Eren Yeager' can never be in the same sentence together. This is something you know very well after experiencing him change his personality four times over the course of eleven years. Unfortunately for you, you're bound to experience him change his personality a few more times in the future since popping out Kaspar Yeager created a permanent tether between you and Eren. Even Eren can't file-for-divorce his way out of this one.

"Hey," You begin calmly, reminding yourself that your phone isn't Eren's neck before relaxing your grip around the device. "I don't care that something came up for you — you need to sort this out, Eren. I'm not gonna call up my friends and ask them to look after Kaspar for the entire weekend this last minute – also especially since most of them will be outta town with me. You come up with an alternate plan because I shouldn't have to stress about this when I thought I had it all sorted out until three minutes ago."

You hear Eren sigh heavily on the other end of the line. You can picture him standing in his kitchen, wearing only a pair of sweats hanging low on his hips with his chin tilted up as he scrubs his free hand down his face. His long hair is probably hanging loose, brushing his shoulders since he'd not bothered to put it up in its usual bun yet. He'd probably also popped bread into the toaster before answering your call and you're willing to bet that he'd completely forgotten about it even though he isn't really even paying attention to your meltdown over the phone either.

"Listen," He finally speaks, voice gravely but calm. "Take Kas to my mom's place tonight. She'll look after him overnight and I'll swing by and pick him up in the morning — you have plenty of time to get down to the Highlands, right? You're only leaving for Vegas tomorrow morning."

The clouds covering the sun outside finally move over and you watch as a warm glow fills your apartment through the window. You feel warmer too, your heart filling with relief when Eren — god bless him — finally comes up with something that doesn't make you want to scream and rip your hair out.

"Yeah, that works." You sigh out. "But double check and make sure Carla's okay with that plan." You feel the need to remind him.

"That woman will take any chance she gets at spending time with her grandson when I'm not around." Eren clicks his tongue. "I'm sure she'll be fine. What time should I tell her you'll be coming over around?"

"Six." You respond after haphazardly throwing a look back at your bed where your half-packed suitcase sits. "Also tell her I can't stay for dinner since I still need to come back and finish packing for tomorrow."

"Tell her yourself — you think she's gonna listen to me?"

You smile softly to yourself as you think about how stubborn Carla Yeager could be at times — Eren definitely inherited that trait from her on a tenfold scale.

When a soft giggle sounds behind you, you turn your head over your shoulder and land your gaze on your three-year-old son, sitting before the TV with a bright smile on his face and completely unfazed by the heated exchange you'd been having with his father over the phone just minutes ago. His large aquamarine eyes are fastened on the screen in wonder as he absentmindedly rocks back and forth on his bum.