after all this time, they had been loving a taken person all along?? with the said person's partner in front of their noses this whole time?? how oblivious a group of people could be??? guess they shared the same brain cells.

and the more surprising news was, since the club members' minds seemed to always be in the gutter, no one really noticed how big and famous jeon jeongguk's fan club had been. way bigger than their own, thanks to those powerful fangirls.

now they were a lost cause. no enthusiasm, no motivation, and no fairy teacher to look at.

suddenly, having been too focused on their sadness, a series of knock could be heard from the closed door.  choi minho who was the closest to the door, willingly opened it, only to reveal the famous mr. goody-two-shoes student council president slash jeon jeongguk fan club president, choi soobin from class 3-A, followed by his usual group of friends: the cool and quiet taehyun, the dorky hueningkai, and the pretty boy beomgyu (with yeonjun happily enjoying his freshman life somewhere).

"um," seojoon started, staring confusedly to the tall boy who looked back at him dead serious. "in what matter do we owe the pleasure of having the student council president visiting?" a wild thought appeared in his head, is this the end of this club?

soobin sent him his charming, boyish smile and shook his head. "nah, I'm not here as the student council president, but the jeon jeongguk fan club president." gasps could be heard from some kids in the corner. "and I have a proposal for you."

"oh, damn," seonghwan muttered. "I think now I know why these secret fan clubs last so long." someone snorted outload.

recovering from his shock, hyungsik cleared his throat. "so what's the proposal?"

"well, as you all already knew," soobin said. "it seems like our two most beloved teachers had just been snatched from our grasps, and we are just in despair as much as you are. the news felt so soon that we fell into this phase of glums--"

one of the boys in the back, sungjae, seemed to be the first to let out his manly tears in which jihan who sat next to him started to pat his back.

 "--but no worries, because I think I have the perfect solution to our problem!"

"and what is that?" seojoon asked with an eyebrow raised.

"let's unite our fan clubs and rejoice the news of the couple 'Taekook'!" hueningkai said, with his poorly restrained excitement. beomgyu nodded his head excitedly.

"taekook? what the hell is that?" jihoon asked, tilting his head in confusion. the members of kim taehyung fan club looked at the other club members with the same expression.

"it's the ship name of taehyung-ssi and jeongguk-ssi, duh," yoona, one of the few female members of kim taehyung fan club exclaimed. a collective of 'aaahh~' were heard as soon as they acknowledged the meaning of the word. some of the boys looked interested with the idea, but others were still contemplating it.

"hold on, you seem to be forgotten that this is obviously a fan club of kim taehyung, and I obviously have a crush on kim taehyung, not jeon jeongguk," said yoonwoo, narrowing his eyes to the jeon jeongguk fan club members. "are you suggesting that I become a member of a fan club that supports the relationship of my crush with the man I envy the most??"

soobin shrugged. "I know we've lost and heartbroken right now, but it's no use to have a crush on someone who's taken.  it's gotta be hard to be sad all the time, so instead of letting out our manly tears, why don't we distribute our energy to something better? like supporting their relationship when they're the happiest?"

some of the kids nodded their heads in agreement, a few were still sad and unaccepting, but mostly looked at each other with an understanding expression on their faces.

"we have better researches that serve the best resources about those two."

"we have a collection of mr. kim and mr. jeon's photos."

"the more people, the juiciest information we can get."

"are you sure you don't have a crush on jeon jeongguk??"

"personally, I want to admire kim taehyung-ssi, too."

"b-but, kim taehyung-ssi..."

"bro... stop crying already."

"..."

"very well then," bogum said. "perhaps it's best if you give us some days to think about it, while you guys make the proposal more appropriate with those paper works and stuff you're certainly good at, if you want to make this official and score some brownies points from us?" 

"that's actually a good idea," taehyun, the secretary, said.

like a sudden light bulb appeared on his head, wooshik yelled out excitedly. "hey, I have an idea! can we give you some requirements so that we can, like, base our decision whether to accept you guys or not?"

"that can do, what's on your mind?" hyungsik asked.

wooshik grinned. "since we're a pro in this, how about the most beautiful photo of taehyung-ssi with mr. jeon as the cause of it? if it beats out all our photos, I guess you at least have bought me."

"deal."

and so that was the story on how the fan clubs had united into one. they were immediately sold with a mere number of photos. apparently, kim taehyung fan club members were too much of a sucker for kim taehyung's ethereal happy face and jeon jeongguk's handsomeness, they just had too much pride to admit it.

To be continued