"Doing some gardening." I replied back.

Muichiro stayed quiet, and continued to work.

"You have so many higher ranked people in front of you, yet you decide to become friends with a Kakushi. Nice choice Muichiro." Obanai says, rolling his eyes.

"Tch."

Was all the mist pillar said.

Mitsuri pulled me away to talk with me, which I had paid no attention to because I was too busy being distracted by the other Hashiras teasing Muichiro.

It was adorable not gonna lie. I couldn't hear what they had said though.

"So... yeah!" Mitsuri concluded.

"M-mhm...." I hummed.

"Let's sit in the shade and talk!" Shinobu insisted.

We all sat under a tree.

None of us talked.

"Is someone going to say something or what?" Uzui questioned.

Mitsuri always had something to talk about, so she started the conversation.

I also noticed Giyuu wasn't here. Probably on a mission or something.

While the others talked, me and Muichiro sat in silence. They probably forgot we existed.

He picked up the small rocks nearby and started playing around with it.

I got up to stand behind him and started braiding his hair.

He stopped throwing his rocks and froze.

"Sorry, I'll stop right now if you don't like it, I was just bored." I apologized.

"No it's fine. I don't mind." Muichiro replied in his usual soft tone.

This exact moment had tingled an unknown memory. I couldn't picture it perfectly, it was blurry.

After the incident with Oyakata-sama saving me, I couldn't remember much. Not even the faces of my own parents and friends.

I wasn't sure how that happened and all, but it just did.

"I wanna go somewhere else. Come." I heard the mist pillar whisper.

He got up and grabbed my hand.

"Oi. Where are you guys going?" Sanemi asked.

Muichiro didn't say anything and continued his tracks.

We walked out of headquarters, and into a thick forest.

I didn't know if I should say something or stay quiet.

I just watched a black-blue haired boy lead me into a forest.

We finally stopped in front of a river that had a waterfall at the top.

The water glittered, reflecting on the sun, and the birds chirped their love song.

I never realized how bright Muichiro-san's eyes could glow, or if it was just me.

He was a pretty boy, if I had to be honest.

I mean I'm not lying and all.

"This is better." The boy sighed.

"Wow... this sight is... beautiful." I replied in amazement.

"Yeah... it is."

We sat under a tree and had a small talk.

His voice was always in a soft tone.  Sometimes I could fall asleep like it was a lullaby.

I laid on his shoulder.

"Tell me if anything happens." I said, slowly shutting my eyes closed.

"I will." He replied.

Before I fully doze off, I felt his warm hands
pat my head.

Such a softie.