day one of memories

10/1/2011

This is my best friend Gon. He's nice, thoughtful, and all around the sweetest boy you'll ever meet! We've been best friends since we were kids, but we've had our fair share of battles. Some of them, were probably partly my fault, but we get a long just fine these days, because I'm awesome!~ I'm a natural prankster, so you can't blame me for being me! Though our days together were filled with laughs and fuzzy times, we still knew how to stick up for one another, whenever something would come up, like a wild animal attack, or a mean adult. It would always work out in the end, because I'm a strong person! Gon's strong too, sure, but let's be honest here, I'm older, meaning I'm more stronger~

one day, I told him that he was going to go to the hunter exam out of the blue. I never actually told him why, that was a secret for me only. Though soon after, he found a reason of his own to go to the hunter exam. So we told aunt Mito that we were going to the hunter exam. She'd looked a little taken back at what we'd said, and was visibly nervous. After a while of thinking, she told us that we had to catch the Master of the swamp. So I began helping him to try and catch the master of the swamp, even if I felt kind of useless, because he could do just fine on his own, and I was no good at fishing, i still tried to take the lead, and maybe even give him some tips, even if he was the experienced one.
Before we knew it, we'd been trying to catch the master of the swamp for about two years! Me and Gon have commitment, and we both wanted to reach our goals, so simply quitting wasn't an option. After a long two years of attempts to catch the master of the swamp, Gon had finally caught the master of the swamp, all by himself... But it was a team effort all those other days! So I can't give him credit without giving some to myself. I even helped to drag the humongous and heavy thing into town, where we showed Aunt Mito proof of our success, so that we could go to the hunter exam. 
When we showed her, and all the naysayer adults in town, Aunt Mito's demeanor completely changed, but it didn't match all the stunned demeanors of the people all over town. She looked even more nervous than before when we told her we wanted to take the hunter exam, and I remember it as clear as day! 

"E-er... before you both go, I have some chores for you!" she'd said. Then she'd continue on to swamp us in a bunch of chores, so that she could keep us from the hunter exam a little longer. There was one thing that she forgot about though! It was the fact that me and Gon do great things, when we want something.
Though Gon mostly did all the rest of the work... I did the most difficult job! The laundry!
having to hand wash the whole load of laundry, plus the clothes we were bringing, and then hang it up, wait for it to dry, and then fold all of it, and then put it all away. Oh how I worked so hard back then!
We finished just in time to catch the first boat to the continent the next day. We were finally going to brave the dangers of the hunter exam, but we didn't need to worry about getting hurt, because I was going to protect the both of us from any monsters, or mythical beasts we'd have to face, because again, I'm awesome! It was all just going to be one big adventure, where we'd take the first step in fulfilling Mines and Gon's dream. That reminds me. Before we'd left Whale island, Gon would always ask me what my goal was, and I guess I took pride in knowing that someone was interested in knowing more about me. Though I never actually knew why he'd keep asking me about my goals...