The8 - Practice

"Okay and then you bend your knee here and then you do the step like this," You said as you demonstrated the step to The8, staring at the mirror while you did it. 

The8 watched you do the move at then copied you, mimicking it all perfectly. 

You watched as The8 frowned and then re-did the move. 

"Don't you think this looks a bit off?" The8 asked, his eyes shifting over to you. 

"What do you suggest then?" You asked, ready for all sort of changes to the choreography you had created. 

Currently The8 and you were alone in Seventeen's dance studio, practicing for the duet dance you both have been given to perform at Seventeen's upcoming online concert. With only about a week left to go till the online concert, you and The8 were now practicing the choreography together late at night. 

"How about. . .this," The8 said as we twirled mid sentence and did a sort of leap. 

"Hmm. . ." You hummed at you mimicked his actions, "I think this works too."

"Okay. Let's go from the top and do this step this time," The8 said and you nodded, the both of you walking behind and falling into your positions. 

You can't help but stiffen a bit when you felt The8's chest brush against your back as he stepped close to you. 

"Relax Y/N," The8 said softly as he felt you stiffen up, but his mind was solely concentrated on the dance as he was too immersed. 

In fact he was so immersed in the dance that you felt as if The8 couldn't even read the current tension in the atmosphere right now. 

Even though you have been a back up dancer for Seventeen for a while now, you mainly really talked to Dino and Hoshi and sometimes Seungkwan. Your job as a back dancer really only required you to do the dance and not mess up the performance. 

You haven't really spoken much with The8 much, apart from the usual 'good work' or 'great job today'. 

You were a bit nervous when you were told to dance alone with The8 as you weren't sure if you two had the chemistry, but The8 was so immersed into the dance that it didn't feel awkward at all. 

"One two three," You counted as the two of you retracted your previous steps. 

Once you were done with the routine, you turned to The8 and said, "Let's practice with the music this time."

The8 nodded in agreement and you went over to the speakers and played the song before quickly running back and going through the routine one more time with The8.

"Perfect," The8 said when you were done. 

"Everything's fine except for one thing," The8 said, making you frown. 

"What's wrong?" You asked, thinking that your choreography was indeed perfect now. 

The8 suddenly made eye contact with you, staring at you so intently that it made you feel insecure. You looked away from his burning gaze, feeling a bit uncomfortable and said, "What?" 

The8 walked over to you and held your chin, making you face him. 

"You know I don't bite right?" The8 said. 

You got out of his grip and chuckled nervously, saying, "Of course. That's so ridiculous."

"Then why do you tense up every time I come near you," The8 asked, serious. 

You laughed awkwardly once more and said, "I don't tense up. I-I-I'm just a bit jittery today-what are you doing!"

The8 had suddenly pulled your wrist towards him, making you tumble into him face front and held you there with his strong grip, not allowing you to break away. 

The both of you stood chest to chest with barley any space between the both of you as The8 held you there. 

He stared in you intently, his eyes darting back and forth as if we were searching for something. 

"Hey guys have you seen my-whoa! Are you okay?" 

Jeonghan had suddenly entered the dance room and you panicked and ended up pushing The8 away from you so he wouldn't catch any wrong ideas. However The8 had stood unprepared and you had pushed a bit too hard as The8 went flying into the floor. 

You gaped at The8 on the ground as Jeonghan gaped at the two of you in surprise. 

You turned away from The8 and nervously fidgeted with your fingers and said, "Right. Why don't we practice one more time?" 

Hello and welcome to an another update. I ended up watching caratland and oh my god, Yoon Jeonghan's blonde hair was killing me. He looks really good in blonde hair. He should just keep it like that forever. Have a great day : )