20

A/N: Well if you haven't already seen I'm doing POV changes now so you can have another in sight on some things that are going on in Peyton's life. There wont be many more new characters in the story anyone, so ig that's kinda sad. Yes, I just updated yesterday, and yes, you are being spoiled. Also that picture above ^ is literally amazing in my opinion. 

---

TW: Parent fighting, blood, self harm, and talks about panic attacks. (All of this is mentioned in the Flash back so if you're not conformable with it, just skip the flash back.)

*Peyton's POV*

I wait for Alayna to finish brushing her hair, which may I say looks like a birds nest. It takes some tugs to get it smooth, but she eventually looks like normal. We head downstairs to find, Ella-Grace and Bella sitting in the kitchen talking to Lindsay. I don't pick up on their conversation as Alayna leads me behind them and into a pantry. 

"What do you want for breakfast?" Alayna asks.

"Um..." I hesitate looking at all the options. Pancakes, waffles, though they are pretty much the same thing just in different hardness, muffins, French toast. It's all lined up on a wall. 

"Chocolate waffles?" suggests Alayna, sensing my overwhelming. They do sound good. 

"Yeah." I reply. Alayna reaches up and grabs the box and takes me back out to the kitchen, where it's only Bella now.

"Hey." She says. "Can I have some of that?" Bella nods toward the box in Alayna's hand.

"Fine." Alayna grumps. She kneels down and starts to look for something under the sink. "Are you guys going to your mom's for Christmas or staying here?" 

"Here." Bella answers. "We going to her house for the last two days."

"So you guys switch houses?" I ask. "If you don't mind me asking."

"Oh it's fine, but yeah, we switch. For holidays we switch off who gets us for the actual day, so it's some-what fair. Then for the summers we switch every two weeks." explains Bella. I notice I've sat down next to her with out even realizing. 

"That seems confusing."

"It is. Sometimes we forget to switch and the other parent gets mad. But it's fine I guess." Bella shrugs. I look down at my fingers and play with my nails. I look up, startled when Alayna slams a circular thing on the counter. 

I recognize it as a muggle waffle maker. I've never really had to make my own food. Hogwarts did it for us, and at home I always had a house elf available. 

"So what about your parents, Peyton? Are they together?" Bella asked.

"Oh, yeah." I say. I bite my lip to hold back tears. What I'm saying is the truth for right now, but I don't know for how much longer. The more the years pass by, the more my parents hate each other, which leads to more drinking, and I think you can figure out what happens after that. Pansy's always been tough and never let it show it bothered her until the past summer. 

Mom got drunk and started yelling at our dad at dinner. Soon enough it turned into a full blown fight, with the two of us in the middle. 

*Flash back to the summer*

"I don't think you understand!" Mom yelled.

"I dont?! I dont understand?!" Dad smashed his beer bottle on the table sending shards of glass all into our food, and our laps. Pansy and I immediately stood up and brushed the shards off. I winced as the glass cut my thighs.