thirteen.

blind visuals

Up after dawn was Kyrie, undisturbed, as she went about her business in stillness, the distant yet constant ticking of the clock giving a sense of sound. She sat focused in Amari's kitchen preparing for the day of labour ahead of her; organising files, checking for emails, etc. Her time at home grew numbered so she had to subject herself to public visibility once again. Though she wasn't dreading anything too much. Occasionally, interaction with others was a pleasure for Kyrie, especially when revisiting a few characters at the football grounds.

Upon hearing animated sounds nearing her ear range, Kyrie closed the bulk files for the morning. She knew there was no use in attempting to work in chaos and commotion bred by Junior and Amari. And when she glanced up, she received a clear image of the two. There came Junior in Amari's arms as they shared words amongst one another, laughs and jokes prominent. She shook her head in wonder as she let out a laugh. It amazed the young assistant how the pair together had so much energy and spirit even with the day having yet to begin officially.

Maybe that is something she should invest in.

Kyrie walked over to the two and gathered Junior in her arms. She placed a kiss on his cheek before pushing his hair off his eyes. "Hey, baby. You have a good sleep?" she asked as they made their way over to sit down.

Junior nodded with vivid enthusiasm as Kyrie sat him down on a chair. "Yes! Only because I get to spend the day with daddy." With Junior's school closed for the day and Amari granted a day off work, it gave the father-son duo the chance to pair up for the day. This wasn't uncommon though. It was an occasional gift that Amari liked to host for his son. Yes, family time amongst the three was important though father-son moments too were significant, maybe just about on the same level.

Amari served Junior his breakfast. He nodded as his lips curved into a smirk. "That's right! We're having a boys' day so mama needs to hurry up and leave." He reached over the table, giving his son a high-five.

"I'm going to take my time, thanks," she scoffed lightly. She got up from her seat, patting Junior's head. "You guys will be by yourselves so that only gives me another reason to take longer." Kyrie didn't mind the two's father-son time together. In reality, she actually enjoyed them even if she was never in attendance to witness the memories, simply reminiscing on everything through images and videos. All of that made her happy, smiling wholeheartedly. It was a reminder to her that actually, Junior will grow to have a health relationship with Amari as a father and a son rightfully should.

As Kyrie approached the kitchen counter once again, Amari took in a shallow breath. His fingers bumped over his neck. "Hey, um, Kyrie—"

She cut him off with little—actually—no hesitation. "Not right now," she said bluntly, gathering all of the files. "I'm busy." She wasn't busy; she wasn't in a rush to do anything. She simply didn't want to share a discussion knowing the topic Amari wanted to speak on.

"You don't even know what I want to say," Amari huffed as his lips contoured into a frown.

Kyrie returned the frown, unimpressed. She gave a half shrug. "Frankly, I don't care."

"Kyrie, c'mon. I'm trying here." Refusing her silence, Amari gently lifted her chin so she could only focus her attention on him. His brown eyes stared back into her own. His gaze was solely focused on Kyrie; his face was still yet his attentive levels were on a high simply for her while emotions—worry, guilt, slim misery—were transparent. He glanced at her with extensive love and admiration. It was a shame that Kyrie couldn't even return half of the energy he gave her. "Please. Listen to me." She let him speak freely. "Some of the words I said yesterday, you know I didn't mean them."