eleven.

the art of being alone

Gathered in the Reyes Household were the girls awake by dawn hours. The premature day came about like a promise kept by time, natural time moving too slow and exhaustive when awake rather than in a slumber. Nature was still and silent—almost absent—yet present with chirping birds and distant vehicles recognising its presence.

The early weather matched the energy in the house—the air grew cold like the girls' dislike towards the early hour; flowers and plants given no wind mimicked the ones that wanted to fall back into a detailed slumber. For a time where the energy was advised and required the girls lacked all of it, extensive fatigue circulating amongst the group creating a dull atmosphere.

Once again, Wynter came through as the host of another girls night. Not only for the enjoyment of it all but because she had news to share with her friends. Everyone was aware of Wynter's intentions to present news yet they were unaware of the news she intended to present. Surprisingly, the french player refused to speak on such news over the last few months, confidential matters meant conserving them for their initial purpose. The group was left in the dark which only elevated their curiosity to what she had to say.

The last one trailing into the living room was Athena. Settling on a couch next to Valerie, she pulled on the blanket wrapped around her figure. "Oh my, God. Why did Winnie have to wake us up so early? I feel so dead right now."

Chanelle stopped her conversation with Ariana and turned to Athena. "She wants to tell us some kind of news before it goes public."

"It better be worth it 'cause I know I won't be able to get back to sleep," Athene huffed lightly as she stuffed her face into the crook of Valerie's neck. The french girl laughed as she rubbed her friend's back.

"The real question is how did Winnie wake up so early?" Jessalysn asked with a confident smile as she glanced around the room. She folded her arms over her chest as she gave a half shrug. "I swear Trent is somewhere upstairs." The tattoo artist was always one to make something out of nothing. In other words, she believed Wynter and Trent were caught up in intimate intentions.

Nods and smirks were shared around the room though Harper openly disagreed, knowing she was the only one who could defend the absent girl in the room. Her brows knitted in a frown, dismissing everyone's comments with a wave. "Oh, calm down. They didn't even stay in the same room last night. Trent went to one of the guest bedrooms while I was with Winnie in her room."

"Um, trouble in paradise I think!" Jessalyn clasped her fingers together as she glanced around the room, cocking her head to the side. "Anyone want to fill me in?"

"Let's dial down the enthusiasm, Lyn," November groaned lightly, rubbing her hands over her face. Irritation bred from the noise in the room didn't take long to follow after her. To her left, Kyrie patted her shoulder, giving it a reassuring squeeze. Rather than November, Kyrie spoke. "It's probably not even that serious. She has a lot to get done so she needs her own space; that including away from Trent too maybe. I don't know if you forgot but they literally have to be around each other all the time. Even as a couple, that seems like a drag."

Ariana touched the base of her neck as she turned to Kyrie. "What do you mean? I swear Trent always wants to be around her!" For the time she had known Wynter, she presented herself as she did on controlled media. Wynter and Trent, generally, were calm and collected—both on and off the pitch. They were seen as a wonder couple—from the commentators to the fans—so the Dutch native found it difficult to see the two any less from what she has seen on multiple occasions. Not to say that they were imperfectly right though Wynter and Trent walked with a higher level of composure compared to their other football counterparts.